User:Janrodrigo/Claire & the Cat
From Heroes Wiki
Claire & the Cat was a promotional Flash animation for Heroes produced by artist Tim Sale.
- A much younger Claire Bennet prevents a black cat from being hit by a truck and is herself hit.
- Hiro Nakamura teleports to New York, NY and learns of Isaac's future death.
|Claire Bennet · Black cat · The truck · Regeneration · Hiro Nakamura · Teleportation · New York, NY · Isaac Mendez|
Claire & the Cat
Hiro & the Future
- The animation originally appeared on Tim Sale's website on June 7th, 2006. Due to the design of the site, the posting was not cached.
- The animation was additionally released on the NBC web site for a brief time period in August 2006, then was removed before the start of the series. The "link" image to the animation was the fiery portrait Claire in a cheerleader's uniform that (to date) has only appeared in Heroes promotional material. Likewise, when Hiro is in New York, he finds a portrait of himself that has also only appeared on promotional material.
- The events depicted in the animation are not considered canon to the series, as Claire only learns of her powers a couple of weeks before the start date in the series.
- In a blog post made Aug 15, 2006 on ComicWorldNews.com, Tim Sale offered the following on the Claire & the Cat:
The Claire images were created for a function called the Upfronts, a gathering in the early summer of press and networks, to showcase and promote new shows. I drew maybe 30 images for a flash animation display that was used to show what Heroes would be like. It was extemely [sic] crude and clunky but seemed to do the trick. They put it online for a while, and then some of the art was turned into a story and part of the 9th Wonders comic given away at Comic-Con.
Th(e) Hiro panels are from an original story in that comic, and will be a part of some early episodes of the show; there is a lot of back-and-forth with Hiro and the comic and Isaac early on as Hiro discovers that Isaac has drawn a story about him that seems to predict his future.
And that's all you get out of me.