Niki Sanders (as Jessica) pins her father on a wall.
|Originally held by:||Niki Sanders (synthetic, deceased), |
Mohinder Suresh (synthetic),
Scott (synthetic, deceased)
|Absorbed by:||Peter Petrelli (inaccessible)|
|Ability to:||Exert greater than normal physical force|
|Examples of super strength|
Super strength is the ability to exert greater than normal physical force.
- Niki Sanders was granted this ability synthetically.
- Peter Petrelli absorbed this ability from Niki (How to Stop an Exploding Man), but lost it to his father (Dying of the Light). He has since replicated it from Mohinder but no longer has access to it. (A Clear and Present Danger)
- Mohinder Suresh was granted this ability synthetically along with bug-like mutations. Exposure to the complete formula reversed the other mutations.
- Michael Fitzgerald possesses this ability. (Viewpoints)
- Scott, a Marine recruited by Pinehearst, is given the ability synthetically. (Our Father)
Niki Sanders's alter ego, Jessica, had superhuman physical strength sufficient to physically dominate and kill people much larger than her, often several at a time. She was able to tear people in half (literally) and tear the door off an office safe with her bare hands. In addition to being able to exert such force, she had the ability to resist the forces she applied, so she was not injured when performing superhuman feats of strength. There was no evidence that she had unusual resistance to other sources of injury. Her strength wasn't limited to her upper body, as she was able to send D.L. flying with a kick. (Fallout)
Niki was unable to access this power for most of Season One without Jessica taking control. She was first able to use it on her own in How to Stop an Exploding Man. As she was physically the same person, she presumably had the same limits as Jessica.
Peter absorbed this ability from Niki in How to Stop an Exploding Man, and used it to effectively bloody Sylar's face. Later when Peter used this ability, he demonstrated enough concentrated strength to throw a man against a wall by punching him at the chest (Lizards).
Mohinder was able to crush a gun with his bare hands and toss a man several meters into the air (The Second Coming). He was also able to hurl a table across the room at Nathan and Tracy (Dying of the Light), and, with apparent ease, physically dominate Mark Spatney (I Am Become Death), a drug dealer (Angels and Monsters), and Sylar (Eris Quod Sum).
He has been able to rip a car door off its hinge to use as a make-shift shield. (A Clear and Present Danger) Interestingly enough, after Mohinder was caught he was chained to a chair with his hands behind his back connected to a metal bar. Despite how much he tried he couldn't break free, leading to the question of whether or not his strength level is of the same caliber of others perviously seen with the ability.
His eyes and the tattoos on his body appear to glow when his ability is in use. The reason for this is unknown.
After the formula was finally perfected, Scott was injected with it and obtained enhanced strength as a result. He demonstrated his ability by breaking free of his restraints in the Pinehearst laboratory, unbolting his chair from the ground, and throwing it through a glass window with enough force to lodge it securely in the wall on the other side (Our Father).
Niki destroys the company hospital, and easily takes out Mohinder and Bob.
- It is unclear which personality (Jessica or Niki) was in control when she snapped the prison guard's baton in two. If it were actually Niki, this would be her first demonstration of super strength. (Godsend)
- In 2007, Future Niki is locked up in a cell from which she cannot escape using her brute strength. It is unclear what it is that stops her.
- At various times, other evolved humans have displayed strength beyond that of a normal human.
- Sylar punched through a cab window with his fist (Seven Minutes to Midnight), and was able to wield a parking meter as a weapon (How to Stop an Exploding Man). Whether this is an ability he has acquired or an application of another power is unknown.
- Knox's ability allows him to convert fear into enhanced strength.