From Heroes Wiki
Nathan flies for the first time
In various points throughout the televised episodes, graphic novels and webisodes, the first occurrences of abilities, from the point of view of the characters, are shown, mentioned or painted. While it seems this is usually triggered by eclipses, this doesn't always apply, particularly in synthetic cases. This is a list detailing them.
- Hiro uses the time manipulation aspect of his ability when he forces the second hand of his clock back.
- Hiro also teleports, for the first time, to New York.
- Peter uses his ability, unknowingly, to dream the future.
- Isaac discovers his paintings are coming true.
- Sylar discovers the hunger, without realizing he'd been using his ability without knowing it, to fix timepieces.
- Claire's hand smashes into a trophy case, lacerating it severely. Yet when Noah checks it days later, it is completely healed.
- Nathan flies for the first time when he and Heidi crash.
- Jessica first shows up, also first showing her incredible ability on her abusive stepfather.
- Micah can take apart and fix his computer with ease, possibly showing the first signs of his ability.
- Eden tells her stepmother she wishes she would die, forcing her heart to stop.
- Monica manifests her ability, after seing an cooking program on the television, later copying what the presenter did exactly.
- Maya cries her first black tears at Alejandro's wedding.
- Alejandro calms Maya down after she kills many wedding guests.
- Mohinder injects himself with the genetic modification formula and directly after he is able to punch a guy, who was trying to rob him, meters away.
- Scott is injected with the genetic modification formula, making him so strong that he is able to disconnect an metal chair from the ground and lodge it in a wall.
- Baby Matt's mother, Janice, tells Hiro and Ando that Matt's ability manifested after the second eclipse.
"This morning, when I got out of bed, my foot hovered before it hit the ground, hovered for a split second. Like I was like I was floating. I'm telling you, I think I can fly."
- Not every evolved human has shown an on screen manifestation, but it seems generally that abilities arrive during an eclipse, puberty, or during a particularly emotional moment.
- For Evolved Humans that can mimic, replicate, or steal, some would consider each time they use a new ability for the first time a manifestation.
- As mentioned before, many characters abilities have manifested in moments of extreme emotion, be it anger, frustration or fear.
- In many deleted scenes, characters are shown manifesting their abilities earlier, for example, one for Six Months Ago shows Matt hearing Janice's thoughts. However, deleted scenes are not considered canon, due to many contradicting future episodes.
The Haitian is shocked to find he has the ability to wipe minds, rendering members of his town mindless zombies.