From Heroes Wiki
|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add ~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Edit conflicts tip
If you get an edit conflict when you try and edit a talk page, it's best to just copy your comment and paste it where it belongs. If you copy the whole page, you need to be careful not to erase someone else's comments.—MiamiVolts (talk) 20:14, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
- Sorry about that; I didn't even realize I did it. I didn't recopy the whole page though or notice an edit conflict when I previewed/submitted it, so I'm not sure what happened (it seems I accidentally erased someone's vote on the split/no split?). Again, sorry about that. Stevehim 20:20, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
- Yeah, you erased mine... and shortly before that Piemanmoo erased an earlier comment I had made. Though unlikely, I guess it could be network lag. It's odd that it wouldn't show as an edit conflict and that two people would erase my comments in so short a time, but weirder things have happened... BTW, you can reply on your own talk page if I place a message here (no need to reply on mine).—MiamiVolts (talk) 20:28, 30 September 2008 (EDT)
Hi. I posted this in the Peterexposed discussion, but I also wanted to pose it directly, since you made the switch, and I'm not sure anyone will respond (I hope that's ok...?):
I think Clairsentience should be listed, as Sylar was likely with radius of Peter (based on a comparison of his distance to DL, Micah, and Molly), even though he wasn't actually in the bank. There's nothing to indicate that walls interfere with Peter's ability. Stevehim 23:06, 3 October 2008 (EDT)
- It's more speculative to try to figure out where Sylar was than to remove it. For a long time, we left off phasing and technopathy because we didn't know how far his range was, but when he demonstrated it in Lizards, then we listed it. It's better to not speculate than to fix something later.— 10:49, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
- Thanx for letting me know. It's ok, do whatever you want :) — Futurepeter 14:32, 6 October 2008 (EDT)
RE: Regarding Future Characters
- I know that it's a fact that we call him "Knox". But we don't call Gabriel, Sylar there. And Noah Bennet is not called "HRG". So that's why i wanted to call Knox, Benjamin Washington, it seems more suitable that way but i could be wrong. I won't debate with you on that but if you 100% think it should stay that way it's ok with me, i just think it's more suitable if we use Knox his full name. Thanx!
I would say that Gabriel is a special case because, while the other future characters due refer to him as Sylar, he makes a point (and with a good reason) of why he wants to be called Gabriel, and it fits with the character he's become there. HRG is only known as that outside the show; inside he's referred to as Noah (or the man with the HRG, but convention says we go with Noah). I have no problem discussing the (or any) issue, to figure out what the best plan of action is, and I don't think my opinion should prevail over yours. I tried to start a discussion on it (but misplaced it...it's on the Knox (exposed future) page), so maybe we should try and get some other opinions. Stevehim 10:53, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
- We'll leave it like this, if other people have the same opinion as mine then we'll call it "Benjamin Washington" if not then it stays "Knox". Thanx —Futurepeter 11:00, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
I agree with your point. However, Sylar32 went and added the same line to pretty much every other article. Do you think they should be reverted? —Matchu 13:39, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
- Heh, I didn't even notice that. I just went and changed them all back, since Bob did the first one. I guess reverting would've been easier. Stevehim 13:40, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
- Alright, fair enough. Thanks —Matchu 13:43, 11 October 2008 (EDT)
Hey, Steve. How would you like to be a patroller here? Take a look at Heroes Wiki:Patrollers and see if it's something you'd like to do. If so, reply back to my talk page. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! By the way, I'll take a look at the stuff you wanted me to check out later on tonight. Thanks for the reminder! — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 10:44, 20 October 2008 (EDT)
- Great! Take a look at Heroes Wiki:Patrollers and read some of the tips, etc. Don't forget to add your name to the page. Try patrolling some unpatrolled edits. Let me know if you have any questions. Congrats! :) — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 15:07, 20 October 2008 (EDT)
- D'oh! I did. I actually typed the response on the lightning talk page and then, when I realized it was more about canonicty, I cut&pasted it to the appropriate page. I guess my sig didn't make the trip. Thanks for the heads up. :) —Stevehim 02:31, 28 November 2008 (EST)
- "However, as I said, I don't want to stand in the way of what most of the site wants so, not meaning to put undue pressure on them, if the other dissenters can be convinced, I will go along as well." That's a very mature and appreciated position to take and is one of the core principles of consensus. It doesn't require everyone to fully agree as long as people with different views "agree to disagree" and are willing to at least not oppose the change (even if they don't agree with it). Likewise I feel it's important for each one to convey their views so that everyone is able to build their own opinions using others' ideas as an aid. It's out of constructive discussions like the one you engaged in that it becomes possible to construct effective policies that help guide future discussions. So, thank you again. :) (Admin 13:22, 3 December 2008 (EST))
- Thank you. :$ —Stevehim 15:12, 3 December 2008 (EST)
Top ten help
Thanks for doin up my page.ur welcome to help me with anything else :)Gabriel Bishop 13:50, 6 December 2008 (EST) Gabriel Bishop
Well.. seen that way make sense. We'll have to wait until we know if that future is the real future or one of that alternate ones.—Ninovolador 23:16, 16 December 2008 (EST)
Pages that link to...
I think you're looking for Special:Whatlinkshere. For instance, Special:Whatlinkshere/Space-time manipulation shows everything linked to Hiro's ability. Special:Whatlinkshere/User:Stevehim shows all the pages that link to your user page. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:24, 20 December 2008 (EST)
- Cool, thanks. My userpage is still a bit of a mess, but I do like to toss in useful links (that I know I'll forget about later) on there for now. Thanks again. :) —Stevehim 22:51, 20 December 2008 (EST)
Following our discussion about recreating Assignment Tracker 2.0 files, I made Template:Assignment Tracker. I also made it so fans can create their own AT pages (like here, for example). I'm going to get started on making the facsimile pages now. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 15:35, 3 January 2009 (EST)
- Ok, cool. When you say the facsimilie pages, do you mean adding the images I just uploaded, or something else? I was going to continue adding the ones I uploaded to my subpage (which could be moved to wherever you think is best), but I'll hold off for a bit in case you were doing the same thing. Also, do you think I should add links to the Notes sections on the individual evolved human pages, linking directly to either the picture or the overall AT page? —Stevehim 15:42, 3 January 2009 (EST)
- Ah, nm. I see what you meant now. :) —Stevehim 15:56, 3 January 2009 (EST)
Re:Edit conflict - Peter revision
Hey Stevehim. Me (User:Irony), User:Laughingdevilboy and User:Gabriel Bishop are writing a fan fic called cockney heroes. At the moment we are on episode 3 (series 1). We are running a contest and the prize is to get a character in the series and to co-write a few episodes. The episodes are here and the contest is here. We have been asking a few of the members of the wiki, and we think that (if you won) you could be a great help and a great addition to the team, thanks — 19:44, 15 April 2009 (EDT) P.S If you are interested just leave a note on my talk page. :) Thanks
Cockney Heroes Competition Two
As you may know, a group of Heroes-Wiki-Users are writing a fan fiction called. We are happy to announce a second Cockney Heroes competition. In this competition you will have to create a character and an ability. If you have not been reading Cockney Heroes, a portal of all of the episodes are here and there is a series similar to the graphic novels for Cockney Heroes, here. We would like you to try out as we think that you would be a great inspiration for the team :) Thank You, we hope very much that you will enter If you need to know anything see here, we will try to respond as soon as possible. The competetion page is here— 16:54, 29 June 2009 (EDT)
My brother and I would like to invite you to enter our Competition for Chronicles. We invite you because we think that you would be good at it and we are looking forward to seeing your ideas. Good job. AJ
Enhanced Strength Split
I seen that you were interested in the split of the Enhanced Strength page. Currently we are debating whether it should be split into enhanced strength and super strength. We'd like you're input. And if you could vote on the poll. —mc_hammark 07:44, 24 January 2010 (EST)