People love waffles!
Many characters on Heroes love waffles, the delicious breakfast treat often served at diners.
- 1 References
- 2 Heroes Evolutions
- 3 Notes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Fan Theories
After being forcibly evicted from the casino, Ando and Hiro find themselves just outside the Fly By Night Diner. Upon entering the diner and being seated, Hiro wonders aloud whether it serves waffles.
West drops by Claire's home to bring her waffles, meeting Mrs. Bennet in the process.
At Kenny's Diner, Claire orders waffles for dinner.
Hiro and Ando teleport to a bowling alley in Tokyo where Hiro is excited to see his favorite type of waffles: American style chicken and waffles. Waitresses serve plate after plate of the heaping treat to customers, and Hiro is beside himself enjoying the food.
Later, Hiro's father, thinking Hiro to be the new chef, tells him to make Tamagoyaki for his mother. Hiro makes waffles instead, explaining to his mother that he doesn't know how to make Tamagoyaki. She tells Hiro, "Those are my son's favorite."
Claire and her family have waffles for breakfast.
- Hiro wonders if he can find waffle yatais in Times Square.
- In a blog entry, Hiro says, "Lots of diners in America and all of them have waffles! \(^o^)/ I think blueberry is my favorite so far."
- Of Charlie, Hiro says, "She had a smile that could melt butter like a hot waffle."
- Hiro muses that the International House of Pancakes has good waffles.
- Hiro signs off, "Time to pop a waffle and go."
- Ando complains that all there is to eat at the diner is waffles and french fries. (Chapter 2)
- Hiro considers ordering the Oil Rigger breakfast sandwich — scrambled eggs, cheese, and Canadian bacon, pressed between two waffles, dipped in batter, and deep fried to "golden gooey perfection". (Chapter 2)
- Ando, unhappy with his cottage cheese platter, demands a waffle. (Chapter 2)
- As a housewarming gift, Charlie gives Hiro a waffle iron, explaining, "In case you don't get enough waffles at work." Hiro says he never gets enough waffles at work. (Chapter 13)
- Hiro thanks Charlie for the waffle iron and then invites her back to his apartment for breakfast. He wonders if this sounds dirty. (Chapter 14)
- Soon after the Burnt Toast Diner opens, Barbie Travis serves a customer the Bicentennial special: waffles with strawberry syrup, blueberries, and whipped cream. (Chapter 41)
- In chapter 5 of Purpose, John Mulligan uses Mrs. Comey's waffle iron to fight Bo, Chris, and Pearl. He uses the reflective iron to spy on them around a corner. Later, he uses it to shield himself, but finds that Chris makes it get very hot.
- Apparently, the waffles are enjoyed on the Heroes set even behind the scenes. According to a picture posted by Greg Grunberg, craft services makes them for the cast and crew.
Waffles are on the menu at the Burnt Toast Diner.
West smells waffles.
Mr. Muggles likes waffles too.
Hiro is excited for American Style chicken and waffles at the Bowl-A-Rama.
He uses a waffle as a shield against a girl spitting spitballs.
Chef Hiro serves waffles instead of Tamagoyaki.
Please refer to Theory:Waffles for fan-created theories and other speculation.
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|