Graphic Novel:War Buddies, Part 2
From Heroes Wiki
| War Buddies, Part 2|
|Issue #: ||25 ||Released: ||March 20, 2007 |
|Story by:||Andrew Chambliss & Pierluigi Cothran|
|Art by:||Adam Archer|
|Digital Inks by:||Mark Roslan|
|Colors by:||Beth Sotelo|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind-the-scenes image of Isaac's loft|
|Previous:||War Buddies, Part 1|
|Next:||War Buddies, Part 3|
|Nothing can take away your identity.|
|Mr. Bennet, the man in horn-rimmed glasses, sent Hana Gitelman on a mission to uncover top-secret information that could bring down the company he works for. What should have been a walk in the park for Hana with her wireless ability proved difficult when she discovered the file wasn't stored electronically. Using her wits, she infiltrated security at the Pentagon archives and found the file Mr. Bennet sent her to retrieve.|
What are its secrets? And how will it help her and Mr. Bennet bring down the company?
Examining the file she obtained in the Pentagon archives, Hana Gitelman reads a report about a covert mission during the war in Vietnam in 1968. Five soldiers give up their identities and personal effects to ensure plausible deniability should the mission fail. The soldiers take on codenames: Dallas, the report's author; Loredo, a demolitions expert; San Antonio, a communications officer; Amarillo, a gunboat pilot; and Austin, a medic.
The soldiers proceed down the Mekong in a gunboat. Loredo catches Austin with an unauthorized personal item and threatens to throw him overboard, but Dallas refuses to make an issue out of it, confessing that he, too, has an unauthorized item: a letter from home. At that moment, the soldiers are attacked by Viet Cong scouts. Dallas is shot in the abdomen, Loredo is taken out by a sniper's headshot, and Amarillo and San Antonio are killed. After the engagement, only Dallas and Austin remain alive, and Dallas is badly wounded. Austin lays his hands on the wound, and it is instantly completely healed.
- The soldiers' code names are all cities in Texas; however, "Laredo" is misspelled as "Loredo". On the other hand, Loredo, Spain is a real place.
- War Buddies, Part 2 is the first graphic novel to be narrated by a different person (Dallas) than the previous part in the series (Hana).
- For images from War Buddies, Part 2, see images from War Buddies, Part 2.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view