Graphic Novel:Golden Handshake, Part 4
| Golden Handshake, Part 4|
|Issue #: ||46 ||Released: ||August 13, 2007 |
|Story by:||Steven T. Seagle & Duncan Rouleau|
|Art by:||Michael Gaydos|
|Colors by:||Chris Sotomayor|
|Produced by:||Invisible College|
|Easter Egg:||Behind-the-scenes image of Masi Oka|
|Previous:||Golden Handshake, Part 3|
|Next:||Heroism is Found in the Heart, Part 1|
|Be quiet and die.|
|The search for Fusor took a deadly new turn. Both Haram and Claude realize their assumptions about the killer have led them down the wrong path. But now Fusor has turned the tables and directed her lethal powers onto Haram...|
Still at the Paris park and trapped under a fallen tree, Claude turns invisible and hits Rollo Fusor's accomplice with a stick, forcing her to release Haram. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Haram grabs her by the arms and forces her to self-dehydrate into a pile of dust. Having finished their mission, Claude convinces Haram to agree to continue as his partner for another six months. Claude asks Haram to explain the situation to the approaching police.
Later, Claude arrives at the entrance lobby of Primatech Paper Co. to turn in his report on Fusor's case, when he is surprised to learn from the secretary of Haram's early retirement and that his trainee Mr. Bennet has already been promoted to being his partner. The secretary then holds the door open to Thompson's office, saying that Thompson is waiting to speak with them.
- As with the previous three parts, the story is told as a backdrop to the details in Claude's report for the Company.
- In trying to get Haram not to retire immediately, Claude tells Haram he "can fix all this in the report, fudge the facts a little". Whether Claude actually did fudge the facts is uncertain, as is whether the novel accurately depicts the actual events or shows just what was written in the report.
- It is not detailed as to exactly when Claude is delivering his final report on the mission. However, it is mentioned Claude has already met Noah Bennet and that occurred for the first time in 1991. Also, based on Claude's reaction to Haram's retirement, it is much sooner than the six months to which they agreed.
- The events of Claude referring to Rollo Fusor's accomplice as a "witch", her telling Claude she will get him "next", and being dehydrated into dust appear to parallel the story of the Wizard of Oz.
- For images from Golden Handshake, Part 4, see images from Golden Handshake, Part 4.
- For other uses of golden, see golden (disambig).
- For an interview in which Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle discuss the Golden Handshake series, see Interview:Golden Handshake.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view