From Heroes Wiki
|Held by:||The Watcher|
|Ability to:||Manipulate the nerves of other people|
Nerve manipulation is the ability to manipulate another person's nerves.
- According to the assignment tracker map, an unknown individual in Toronto, Canada has the ability of "nervous system manipulation" (Heroes Evolutions).
This ability allows The Watcher to stop nerve impulses and messages from reaching their intended destination. He appears to have great control over his ability, staying in a near constant state of virtual invisibility to others. During a battle with several other carnies, he blinded them all, however he could not make them deaf due to the large number of people he was already affecting. He can also cause a person to feel excruciating pain, although he might only be able to do this if they touch him. The Watcher states that by reading the electrical impulses around him he can find people.
- The Watcher stops the nerve impulses to the eyes so people do not see him. (Slow Burn)
- The Watcher likely used this ability to prevent Chris and Gail Bowman from seeing, hearing and feeling their daughter, Jennie.
- The Watcher walks through a crowd of carnies and brushes against them. His ability stops the nerves of those he touches from reaching the brain, so they do not feel him. (Slow Burn)
- The Watcher uses his ability to cause an evolved human to feel like a million needles are puncturing his spine. (Heroes: Survival)
- The Watcher blinds John Mulligan and causes him severe pain. (Purpose)
- The Watcher makes it so that Lauren and John cannot move their legs. (Purpose)
The Watcher causes John Mulligan to not be able to see.
- The Watcher may be able to take control of a person's body, judging by him thinking that he could "not control her physically over the phone" when talking to Morgan Harvey.
- For other uses of manipulation, see manipulation (disambig).
- For the similar ability to hide things in plain sight, see cloaking.
- For the similar ability to turn oneself invisible, see invisibility.