From Heroes Wiki
|Ability to:||Acquire knowledge certain to be correct.|
Claircognizance is the ability to know information is correct. It is a feeling of complete certainty about impersonal information, like the answers to a test or which wire is the right one to disarm a bomb.
With this ability, Draph can gain knowledge without ever experiencing an event that could have given him that knowledge. Passive use of this ability can give Draph pertinent facts about a situation or person, such as a person's name or job. Passive use is similar to a detailed sixth sense in this manner. After a while, Claircognizance develops so that a person can actively use it. Active use gives Draph the knowledge he wishes to acquire, such as where a person is or trivial facts. However, as the difficulty of acquiring certain knowledge increases, so does the wear on the user. For instance, finding out where a person is would be easier and significantly less taxing than learning what will happen in 5 months. Interestingly, when actively using this ability, one enters a similar state of mind as precognition, turning one's eyes white.
- For the similar ability to understand the structure and operation of complex systems, see intuitive aptitude.
- For the similar ability to quickly absorb and accurately retain great amounts of information, see enhanced memory.
- For the similar ability to predict the outcomes of situations, see accelerated probability.
- For the similar ability to find persons, see clairvoyance.
- For the similar ability to detect lies, see lie detection.