Connie Logan alters her daughter's appearance.
|Held by:||Connie Logan (deceased)|
|Ability to:||Physically alter the appearance of other individuals|
Appearance alteration (also referred to as adaptive appearance manifestation) is the ability to change the skin, hair and vocal cords of another person.
Connie alters the appearances of others by touch. She is able to mold human skin, hair, and vocal cords at the cellular level. Connie smooths out Penny's face and rebuilds it like someone else's as if it were clay putty in her hands. In addition to the facial features changing, her daughter's hair and eye color are changed, and her voice pattern is altered. The end result is giving her daughter an exact copy of another person's physical appearance except for the clothes she is wearing.
Connie's work in making Penny resemble a Manuel's girlfriend was enough to fool the him and others (Faces, Part 1). According to Connie, the maximum length of time her alterations can hold is 24 hours (Faces, Part 2). However, in the past, "Connie has used her ability in the entertainment industry and gained international fame with her make-up and hairstyling work on high-profile clients (primatechpaper.com). Connie, however, cannot use her ability on herself.
Connie was able to disguise Penny as Gina, a woman with a different skin color, well enough so that Gina's boyfriend Echo was momentarily fooled (Going Postal). Connie's work also fooled Thompson when Penny was changed to look like the woman he loved (Into the Wild, Part 3)
(Faces, Part 2)
Connie changes Penny's appearance.
(Faces, Part 2)
Connie helps Penny drop her Donna Dunlap disguise...
- In an interview conducted by email, writer Mark Sable confirms that it is Penny showering after capturing the Manhattan target, and that the color of her hair changing can be assumed to be caused by her mother's ability.
- Mark also clarifies that, during the initial demonstration of the ability (Faces, Part 1), the hands shown touching Penny's face are Connie's.
- Regarding to what extent the ability could be used, Mark notes that the ability can "change the outward appearance of anyone in pretty much any way, albeit temporarily. That would include [altering] skin color and gender"; and, theoretically, giving a person animal parts as well.
- In addition, Mark notes that Connie's and Penny's natural appearance is not a side effect of the ability.
- For the similar ability to alter the appearance of people and environments through illusionism, please see illusion.
- For the similar ability to alter one's body to make it look like another, see shape shifting.
- For other uses of alteration, see alteration (disambig).