|Held by:||Alethea Thorn|
|Ability to:||Induce belief in others|
Belief induction is the ability to manipulate others by making them believe in something.
Alethea can manipulate people so they do her bidding by making them believe anything she wishes through speech and verbal remarks. Her targets must be able to hear her, such that blocking one's hearing can block the effects of her ability. It is unconfirmed as to whether the ability acts through speech alone.
- Alethea uses her ability on Vic, telling him it is a life or death situation that she find Claire, causing him to panic. (Chapter 2 of Faction Zero)
- Alethea also tells Vic he is sick and should leave, prompting him to do so. (Chapter 2 of Faction Zero)
- Alethea uses her ability on Claire to make her hand over her car and house keys, but Hiro and Ando snap Claire out of it. (Chapter 2 of Faction Zero)
- For the similar ability to manipulate others with vocal commands, see persuasion.
- For the similar ability to push feelings and sensations into others' minds, see telepathy.
- For the ability to manipulate upper brain functions, enabling the user to render others unconscious, erase their memories, and negate the use of abilities, see mental manipulation.
- For the ability of being able to shut down the upper brain functions of other people, see neurocognitive deficit.
- For the ability to take control of other people's bodies and motor functions against their will, as well as the functions of objects, see puppet master.