Maya receives regenerative blood.
|First mentioned:||The Hard Part|
The blood of several individuals has been shown to have remarkable properties. Recipients of blood from these individuals have benefited from these properties.
Regenerative Blood Recipients
Adam Monroe and Claire Bennet both can heal rapidly from an injury. This trait can be temporarily given to others if Adam or Claire's blood is given to another individual. Three people so far have benefited from this act.
- Nathan Petrelli -- given an injection of Adam's blood and regenerated from massive radiation burns (Four Months Ago...)
- Noah Bennet -- given an injection of Claire's blood and regenerated from a fatal gunshot wound to the eye (Cautionary Tales)
- Diane, Adam Monroe's seventh wife -- injected with some of Adam's blood and cured of tuberculosis (The Ten Brides of Takezo Kensei)
Shanti Virus Antidote Blood Recipients
Mohinder Suresh possesses antibodies in his blood that cure the Shanti virus. These antibodies can be extracted and used to cure other individuals afflicted with the virus. Thus far, four people have received either Mohinder's blood or the antibodies extracted from it.
- Molly Walker -- given a transfusion of Mohinder's blood to counteract the virus (The Hard Part)
- A teenage patient -- received Mohinder's blood (Blackout, Part 1)
- The Haitian -- cured of the virus, thanks to Mohinder (The Crossroads)
- Niki Sanders -- injected herself with an unnamed strain of the Shanti virus; later fails to recover when injected with Mohinder's blood (Out of Time)
As evidenced by Niki Sanders's case, there do exist strains of the virus that are immune to Mohinder's antibodies alone. While researching the regenerative properties of Claire's blood, Mohinder has theorized that combining it with his antibodies makes the antibodies stronger, and able to combat more strains of the virus.
- Two vials of the combination were prepared, one of which was intended for Niki Sanders. (Truth & Consequences)
- Maya -- injected with one of these and healed from her bullet wound (Powerless)
- Sylar -- infected by the Company with the same strain that Niki gave herself; stole the other and later used it to heal his wounds and restore his abilities although only intuitive aptitude and telekinesis returned. (Powerless)
- Mr. Muggles licks Claire's regenerative blood off the kitchen floor (Genesis), but has not shown any effects from his ingestion of Claire's blood.
- Blood transfusions have been performed with varying degrees of success and failure for hundreds of years, though the first truly successful transfusions were performed in the mid-1800s. Adam performed a blood transfusion on his wife Diane in 1901. (The Ten Brides of Takezo Kensei)
A hospital patient receives Mohinder's blood.
- For the similar phenomenon of extending one's own ability to another, see ability extension
- For other uses of blood, see blood (disambig).
Activating Evolution • The algorithm • Blood recipients • Chandra's files • Chandra's journal • Coyote Sands films • The Genesis files • Human Genome Project • The key • The list • The map • The Mozaic file • Patient Zero • Quentin's board • Sanjog's file • String web
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|