|Also known as||Glen Hetrick|
|Title||Special makeup effects artist |
Portrays the "elephant man"
|Date of birth||8 July 1972|
|Origin||Bethlehem, PA, USA|
Besides Heroes, Glenn Hetrick has been a special makeup effects artist for a few other television series and several films. The other television series include Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Tim Kring's Crossing Jordan, and The X Files. The films include Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight (2002), Blade II (2002), King of the Ants (2003) and Morpheus (1998).
Glenn Hetrick has also been a special makeup effects technician for the films The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003). He was a special effects modelmaker for the film Desecration (1999).
Besides his work in special effects makeup, Glenn Hetrick has been an actor for four television series and one film. He played an inmate in the My Perspective episode of Scrubs and the A Rock and a Head Case episode of That Was Then, Joaquin in the episode The Burger Episode of Committed, and a scanner demon in The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell episode of Charmed. Glenn Hetrick also played a prisoner in the film Sixteen Tongues. In 2011, Glenn was one of the regular judges for the reality show about special effects, Face Off.
- Glenn is the owner of Optic Nerve Studios, Inc.
- Glenn was credited as a puppeteer for one episode of Heroes (Genesis) for the scene in which Claire's hand regenerates after being mangled in the garbage disposal.
- Glenn took his SAG name, Glen Strange, from the actor Glenn Strange, the actor who portrayed Frankenstein's Monster in several films.
- Glenn is a frequent contributor to the e-newsletter Airbrush Talk, posting articles detailing his work, tips on special effects with makeup, and photos of his creations.
- Glenn's name (spelled "Glen") appears on a shrine at the explosion memorial.
Glenn and the crew at Optic Nerve Studios, Inc. have created many special effects props, prosthetics, makeup, and dummies for use on Heroes.