Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Graphic Novel:Betty, Part 1
|Betty, Part 1|
|Released:||June 25, 2007|
|Story by:||Joe Casey|
|Art by:||Ryan Odagawa|
|Colors by:||John Starr|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind-the-scenes image of Sendhil Ramamurthy and Greg Grunberg|
|Previous:||It Takes a Village, Part 4|
|Next:||Betty, Part 2|
|In silence she waits for the time to strike.|
|High school is about education, but what one learns often goes far beyond academics. With cliques and the desire to fit in, the social pressures can be stressful, sometimes overwhelming. But for those gifted with extraordinary abilities, a little advantage goes a long way...|
As Betty sits in a bathroom stall in her high school, a black-haired student, a brunette, and a redhead enter the bathroom. The trio discuss the new girl and all her faults. The redhead does an impression of Betty and then begins to pamper herself in the mirror. Betty focuses on the girl through a crack in the stall, and the redhead appears to break out with monstrous boils and lesions. The dark-haired girl and the brunette scream and run out of the bathroom as the redhead just looks on in shock. As the redhead leaves the bathroom, the disfigurations are gone. Betty leaves the stall and understands that she caused that to happen.
Betty and her close friend, Ren Metzger, are in the cafeteria. Ren is tripped by a jock and has his food spilled all over him. Betty is rather angry and embarrassed, but Ren manages to block it out by thinking of what life is like at home for them, comparing it to The Breakfast Club, which puts a rare smile on Betty's face.
- Comicraft used black text boxes with red borders and white text for Betty, Part 1. This is the first case of this previously unused style of text--no indication as to the reason for its usage is noted.
- Ryan Odagawa used some of his friends as models for the cheerleaders, football players and students in the Betty story arc. He also modeled one of the students for Betty, Part 1 after himself.
- For images from Betty, Part 1, see images from Betty, Part 1.
- For other uses of Betty, see Betty (disambig).
- For Ryan Odagawa's original art from Betty, Part 1, see here.
- To read Ryan Odagawa's answers to questions about the Betty series, see here.