Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Graphic Novel:The Trip, Part 1
| The Trip, Part 1|
|Issue #: ||160 ||Released: ||January 4, 2010 |
|Story by:||Foz McDermott|
|Art by:||Jason Badower|
|Colors by:||Annette Kwok (uncredited)|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Doug Haley and Julian De La Celle|
|Next:||The Trip, Part 2|
|Hiro's scrambled brain leads him on a weird, wonderful trip to Florida.|
|At the request of Samuel, Damian attempts to wipe Hiro's mind. During the wipe, Hiro's mind got scrambled up into a fanboy soup. Confused and scared; he teleports from the carnival.|
Samuel has Damian affect Hiro's memory. When Hiro recovers, he claims that he must save "Watson" and teleports away. He arrives in what he believes is an enchanted world but is actually Florida. Hiro looks around, seeing many classical and original characters. He then finds a poster, asking for help rescuing a dog. However, in Hiro's mind, the poster is calling for someone to rescue a fair maiden. Hiro goes to what he believes is an enchanted forest, but what is actually a botanical garden. A "mushroom man", who is in fact the forest ranger, tells Hiro where the fair maiden is and Hiro runs to rescue her. He finds a boy and his dog, whom he perceives as an ugly orc and a beautiful princess. Zelda's owner tells Hiro that everything is alright and Hiro believes him, wondering why he was sent to Florida. He sees the "Asylum" and watches as two aliens escort a crazy man. Hiro then says that he must save "Watson", who is revealed to be Mohinder Suresh.
- Annette Kwok was not credited for her coloring work on this graphic novel. Jason Badower publicly addressed the mistake in such places as his blog and on Facebook.
- This graphic novel contains many references to pop culture and "fanboy" media. These references include Don Quixote, Angel and Magneto from X-Men, the spaceship from Futurama, Marvel's Devil Dinosaur and Moon-Boy, Duncan MacLeod from Highlander, the predator from Predator, Hellboy, a Pokémon character, a Space Marine Terminator from Warhammer 40,000, the alien from Alien, a landspeeder from Star Wars, a Superman-type character, a Wonder Woman-type character, a Hulk-like character, Super Mario Bros., Spock from Star Trek, a stormtrooper and dewback from Star Wars, The Legend of Zelda, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Sherwood Forest from Robin Hood, the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, Eragon, the candy house from Hansel and Gretel, The Lord of the Rings, Dragon Age, Batman, Skeletor from He-Man, "Yodaspeak" from Star Wars, Hannibal Lecter, Watson from Sherlock Holmes, and Kodos and Kang from The Simpsons.
- The entirety of The Trip, Part 1 was included in Novel Approach: The Hiro Collection.
- Originally, Jason Badower drew a different version of the Cheshire Cat in which the cat was removing his scalp.
- For images from The Trip, Part 1, see images from The Trip, Part 1.
- Heroes on NBC.com
- Downloadable PDF comic on archive.org — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view