|First mentioned:||Out of Time|
|Current status:||Clipping is in Bob's office|
- Marvin Mancia
While discussing Adam Monroe, Bob shows Nathan a November 21, 2006, Miami Bugle article entitled Snow Falls in Miami. The article relates a light snowfall which had just occurred in Central Florida to other snowfalls, including one that occurred in Miami (South Florida) on January 19, 1977. Bob notes to Nathan that this event could have been a tsunami that would have wiped out the Eastern seaboard of the United States instead.
- The text of the article is from a November 22, 2006, article in USA Today.
- There is no Miami Bugle in reality.
- Bob said that the newspaper reported snow, but that it could have reported a tsunami. Whether he was saying that the Company helped avert this potential disaster or was merely using the article to illustrate why they need to track evolved humans remains unclear.
- According to Heroes Interactive, the last snowfall in Miami was really on January 19, 1977. According to the Miami Bugle's text, there was "a big freeze" in 1989 in north and central Florida (Miami is in southern Florida). The writer of the article also notes that snow fell over central Florida (Brevard and Volusia Counties) in 2003. He also reports that the Florida Panhandle area received a dusting around Christmas 2004.
- According to the article's text, weather forecaster Matt Bragaw said the snowfall was a "very light dusting". Matt Bragaw is a forecaster at the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Melbourne, Florida.
- Mike Sparks is the Executive Vice President/CEO of Florida Citrus Mutual, an organization based in Lakeland, Florida.
- Marvin Mancia writes for the Bugle. Mancia is also a writer for the New York Chronicle.
9th Wonders! (gallery) • Activating Evolution • Costa Verde Telegraph • Escalating Evolution • Japanese Language Studies • The Journal • lasvegasniki.com • Miami Bugle • The Midland Chronicle • New York Chronicle • New York Journal • New York Telegraph • Newspaper clipping • Odessa Register • Sheindie Publishing • Uncle Burk's Fine Comics • US Press
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|