Peter can paint the future.
|Current status:||In Peter's possession|
When meeting with Mohinder Suresh, Peter tells him that after he met Isaac Mendez, he was briefly able to draw the future, but could not replicate the feat. This, along with being able to fly in Nathan's presence leads Peter to speculate that he can only use abilities while around their holder.
After Claire talks to Peter about Ted's ability to explode, Peter shows her sketches he made of the explosion, including a sketch of Ted in front of noticeable orange steps. Claire recognizes Ted from her encounter with him and the two head to Kirby Plaza where they meet up with Ted, Noah Bennet and Matt Parkman.
After opening his box and finding few clues to his identity, an amnesiac Peter gets frustrated by his inability to find out where he's come from and what he's supposed to do. As a result, he inadvertently taps into his ability to paint the future and begins painting as Caitlin tries and fails to stop him. After finishing the painting, Peter and Caitlin are shocked to discover that Peter painted two figures standing in front of a warehouse with the symbol over the door and street signs in French. The two wonder if its supposed to be the two of them in the painting and guess the location is Montreal based on the street signs being French and Peter having a plane ticket to Montreal in his box. Before they can discuss the painting more, they receive a call about Ricky's murder.
After Ricky's murder, Peter decides to stop running from his past and tells Caitlin that he's going to Montreal to look for answers since both his painting and the plane ticket point there. Caitlin insists on going with him since they were both in the painting together and so she can "kill the bitch" when Peter finds Ricky's killer.
Outside the Montreal warehouse, Peter compares the painting to the door and finds himself and Caitlin exactly as his painting depicted. Peter rolls up the painting and the two enter the warehouse where they find a note from a man named Adam but no other clues. Frustrated, Peter pleads for a way to know who he is and what the future holds, causing him to inadvertently teleport himself and Caitlin into a deserted New York City over a year in the future, still carrying the rolled up painting.
Future Peter shows present day Peter a painting he apparently made of the world splitting in half. He explains he has made many such paintings and had many such dreams which is why he is so determined to change the future.
- The hand which Peter uses to paint or draw changes. For example; in Don't Look Back he uses his right hand to draw but, in Hiros when he finishes Isaac's painting he uses his left hand.
- Tim Sale is responsible for creating the line drawings that become Peter's art (just as he did for Isaac's paintings). However, Tim acknowledged Dave Stewart as the one responsible for giving Peter's art a different style: "Peter's art was made to look different by the great Dave Stewart taking my pencils and giving them a 'colored pencil' effect. I drew it just the same."
- According to Tim Sale, Jeph Loeb drew the stick figures of Peter hovering next to Nathan.
- Peter's painting from Fight or Flight depicts a building at the corner of Saint Laurent Blvd, and Rue Saint Jaques. That is a real street-corner in Montreal, found at GPS coordinates 45.5068N, 73.5573W.
- According to his message board, Tim Sale's original depiction of the Montreal scene was mirrored from the way it appeared on air. It was decided that the image should be flipped, and so the street signs were Photoshopped in later on.
- For other uses of painting, see painting (disambig).
|Artwork by artist|
|Specific works and collections||
9th Wonders! (gallery) • Exploding Man • Hiro and the Dinosaur • Homecoming Series • Invisibility Series • Isaac Dead Series • Isaac's sketchbooks • The missing painting • Mona Lisa • Series of eight • Uluru • World Splitting in Half
|Other Things: Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|