Roots protrude from Lewis's body.
|Held by:||Brendan Lewis (deceased), |
Sue Grandry (deceased)
|Ability to:||Manipulate vegetation|
Plant manipulation is the ability to manipulate and generate plants and other vegetation as well as to take on plant-like properties.
- Brendan Lewis was the first person to demonstrate this ability. (The Kill Squad, Part 1)
- Sue Grandry had this ability before she was killed. (Brave New World)
- According to the assignment tracker map, an unknown individual in a Napa vineyard is capable of "controlling plants without touching them". (Heroes Evolutions)
- According to Theodore van den Burg's Heroes: Survival profile, he possesses the ability of "chlorokinesis and plant mimicry".
Lewis has the ability to create vegetation from his own body. They can become separated from him or remain on his own body, and he is able to control protruding roots very accurately, as shown when he attacks members of the Company support team. (The Kill Squad, Part 2) His ability has apparently "mutated" according to Thompson, as previously, Lewis's body had shown signs of photosynthesis.
According to Brendan Lewis's assignment tracker, his ability has mutated on more than one occasion. Besides using photosynthesis, Lewis could initially use his ability to manipulate plants to grow faster. During the next two years, Lewis's ability developed to the point where he could manipulate medium-sized plants and roots, and tissue samples revealed he also experienced increased healing.
After at least a year later, Lewis's ability unexpectedly accelerated to the point where the Company considered him a Level 5 powered individual. His cellular structure and biological systems became more plant-like than animal, and he exhibited extreme regenerative properties. He absorbed energy from photosynthesis and exhibited complete control over any plant life in his immediate vicinity. His known weaknesses included fire and herbicide.
A dark-haired evo named Sue Grandry had this ability. Right before she died, she began to transform into "an ugly mass of craggy vines". As soon as the vines were hacked off her body, she turned back into her human form and blood spurted from her severed arm, where the vine was removed. Even while dying, she still managed to grow another vine and use it to throw objects at her assailant. (Brave New World)
Thompson, Jr. notices unusual species of plant life and immediately suspects Lewis...
Lewis uses his power to launch Tom Drake...
He also impales and kills Rosetti...
With some help, Lewis covers a large Guyanan crater with trees...
...and totally converts his body into part of a tree.
(The Kill Squad, Part 3)
- When Sue Grandry sees that her life is threatened, she transforms herself into an ugly mass of craggy vines. (Brave New World)
- In her last use of her power before dying, Sue grows a vine and uses it to throw a coffee urn at Luke Collins. (Brave New World)
- For the similar ability to make plants grow at an accelerated rate, see plant growth.
- For other uses of manipulation, see manipulation (disambig).