Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Heroes: The Complete First Season (DVD)
|Heroes: The Complete First Season (DVD)|
Heroes Season One DVD
The Heroes Season One DVD is a 7-disc DVD recompilation of the first season of Heroes. The cost for the standard DVD is $59.99 while the cost for the HD-DVD is $99.98. This box set includes all 23 episodes from the first season of Heroes and many special features. Subtitles are available in English, Spanish, and French. The recompilation was later released on Blu-ray Disc on August 26, 2008 at a cost of $79.98.
- 1 Release Dates
- 2 Disc Contents
- 3 HD DVD-only Bonus Material
- 4 Blu-ray Disc-only Bonus Material
- 5 Deleted Scenes
- 5.1 Genesis
- 5.2 Don't Look Back
- 5.3 One Giant Leap
- 5.4 Collision
- 5.5 Hiros
- 5.6 Nothing to Hide
- 5.7 Seven Minutes to Midnight
- 5.8 Homecoming
- 5.9 Six Months Ago
- 5.10 Fallout
- 5.11 Godsend
- 5.12 The Fix
- 5.13 Distractions
- 5.14 Run!
- 5.15 Company Man
- 5.16 Parasite
- 5.17 .07%
- 5.18 Five Years Gone
- 5.19 Landslide
- 6 Notes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 External Links
- United States: August 28, 2007
- Australia: September 5, 2007
- Netherlands: October 18, 2007
- United Kingdom: December 20, 2007
- Blu-ray: August 26, 2008
- Bonus Material
- Bonus Material
- The Fix
- Bonus Material
- Company Man
- Bonus Material
- Mind Reader Game
- Deleted scenes
- Five Years Gone
- The Hard Part
- Bonus Material
HD DVD-only Bonus Material
- Video commentary--picture-in-picture on 12 episodes with series creator Tim Kring and producer Dennis Hammer
- Interactive character profiles
- Symbol Sightings--the ability to "discover the hidden helix symbol revealed throughout the series"
- Web enabling--the discs are web enabled, allowing for future downloadable content
Blu-ray Disc-only Bonus Material
- Artwork presentation
- Character connections
- BD-Live Enabled Features
- DL Escapes from His Cell: Guards find D.L. out of cell in prison and they ask him how he got out. He keeps saying that he doesn't know. The guards get angrier and keep asking. He keeps replying "I don't know."
- Meant For Something Special: Peter and Angela walk out of the police station talking about Nathan. Peter says that he has learned to live without him and that he knows that he is meant for something special. Angela says that she is starting to lose hope on him.
- Simone's Breaking Point: Simone goes to Isaac's loft and says that she is taking him to the doctor. She asks where the keys are and he says that he threw them away. Simone looks for the keys and finds a box with weapons in it. She takes out a hammer and beats something on the ground with it. He tells her that he never loved her. She then leaves him to die. It is implied that he is chained to the flood by handcuffs. But they were never shown.
- The Only Way Out: D.L. is moved to a new cell by a man named Ezekiel. And he tells D.L. that there's only one real way to get out of here; to meditate on a place and go there. D.L. says that there's only one place he needs to go; New York. The man asks whats in New York and D.L. puts a newspaper clipping on the wall that says that Nathan Petrelli sentenced D.L. to life sentence in jail. D.L. said "The man I'm gonna kill."
- D.L.'s Promise: D.L. calls Niki and promises her that he is going to find a way out of jail.
- The Terrorist: A man is shown saying that he is ready for death. Another man says that he has a job to do. The first said that he walked away from that job on September 10, 2001. The man still tries to get the first man to take the job. The first man refuses and says to tell the government back home that he is dead.
- Micah Saves His Dad: D.L. is seen freed from his cell and the cops are trying to shoot him. Micah comes running up to him; they hug; and D.L. screams at them not to shoot.
|It's not easy to trust this destiny that hides in every human heart. Even when it presents itself, its human nature not to believe it. So for many, it never shows itself at all. For others, however, it lay dormant, an ember waiting for its spark to ignite. Problem is one never knows when that will be.|
- Niki's Mistake: Niki is about to open her garage door when a man shows up asking why she didn't show up to the meeting on Micah's custody.
- Behind Niki's Garage Door: The man says that the landlord said Niki was three months behind on payment. She replies that she told him she wasn't paying until he fixed the plumbing in the kitchen. She offers to go inside and he says that he only has a few more questions. He says that she enrolled Micah in a private school and that he no longer attends there. She says that there is a public school two blocks away. He then asks about D.L. being wanted by the law and he asks if they've had any conflicts lately. She says no and he asks if she is still gambling. She says that she hasn't stepped into a casino in over a year and asks him why he's asking all of these questions. He says because what she does has an impact on her son. Micah appears around the corner. He asks about her adult business and she says that she quit that and that she keeps it away and separate from her house. He opens the garage door and it is cleaned up. He demands to speak with Micah.
- Blood on the Map: The man tells Niki that she's not much of a house keeper. He says that Micah deserves better and that he will be dropping by unannounced in the next few weeks. She says that she's not afraid of him. Then he comments that her corvette is leaking oil as he walks away.
- Hiro's Book of Revelations: Ando is watching Niki's porn when Hiro comes back from the future and when Hiro tells Ando where he's been, Ando doesn't believe him. So, Hiro shows him the 9th Wonders! magazine that he brought from the future of his whole journey. Ando reads the magazine and thinks Hiro is on drugs. Hiro explains the explosion and then Ando thinks he knows that Hiro is on drugs. Hiro turns to the page where they are having their current conversation and asks if he proves to Ando that he can stop time, that Ando will help stop the bomb. And then Hiro's watch beeps and Hiro and Ando rush off to save a girl.
- Niki Confronts Her Mother-in-Law: Niki and Micah go to see Micah's grandma where Niki and Paulette argue over if D.L. is a good citizen or a murderer.
- The You That Ain't You: Tina walks in and says that her babysitting business is going great; as a joke for watching over Micah while Niki is away. And then she asks Niki if she is still seeing the you that ain't you in the mirror.
- Micah's Plea: Micah tells his mom that what she does in the garage is just acting and none of it is real. Micah looks out the window and says that its another limo. He tells her not to go and she says that she'll be home before he knows it.
- Claire's Miracle: Noah, Sandra, and Claire's doctor discuss that Claire surviving the accident was a miracle.
- Strangers in Our Own Home: Matt and Janice realize that this morning was the first time they kissed in months and then Matt says that she's been sleeping next to him this whole time, and he misses her.
- Brody's Cheer: Claire goes to see Brody after the accident and he doesn't remember anything. The cheerleaders come in and Jackie confronts Claire blaming it all on her. Claire tries to stand up for herself, but fails and Brody says she doesn't know who any of them are.
- Matt's Voices: Matt struggles with his ability. Janice walks in and says that he's had this for two days and that he needs to see someone, but he says it's just a headache. He comments that things have been really good between the two of them these past couple of days. And she says that she likes it.
- Tough Love: Angela comments that Linderman gave Nathan 4 million dollars and he's spending it on posters. He asks what she thinks of one and she says that it makes him look fat. They have an argument about presidency and they walk out to Heidi, Simon, and Monty playing marbles. He makes Heidi choose between the two posters.
- Nathan's Paternity Suit: Nathan comments that they are normally in pajamas around the breakfast table to Oliver Dennison and Angela tells Simon to eat his strawberries. Heidi comments that he's allergic to strawberries and Angela asks him why he got strawberries. Oliver comments about Heidi's wheelchair and tries to blame it on Nathan but Heidi quickly turns it around. Oliver mentions that Heidi an Nathan met at Indianapolis and Heidi comments. Heidi sends the boys off to play and Angela talks about Nathan's affair. Oliver says that it's covered but there may be a few questions. Nathan says he has no comment so Heidi does instead. She says that the woman wasn't charged and there wasn't proof. Peter walks in and asks what's going on.
- You Can't Tell Anyone: Claire, reading Nietzsche's Thus Spake Zarathustra, is trying to persuade Lyle to open the door and talk to her. She yells at him that he can't tell anyone because if an official found out he could do tests on her. He says they should because she's not even human--she's evil.
- Stakeout: Matt and Audrey are outside Ted Sprague's house doing a stakeout and Matt wonders why they are going in it without backup.
- Claire the Freak: Claire waits for Lyle to open the door. She says that she didn't want to be this way. She wanted to surprise their mom with brownies, when she accidentally cut open her thumb with the knife. And by the time she ran over to the sink, it had regenerated itself. Lyle finally comes out of the closet and says that Claire is a freak. Claire admits that she is and tells him that he can't tell anyone. He asks why not and she gives in and says "Go to tell the world, I'll just be an experiment in a lab." Sandra then comes in complaining that Mr. Muggles got third. Lyle doesn't tell her and hands Claire the tape back.
- Jessica Gets Her Gun: Tina hears a mirror break and checks on Niki, but its Jessica. Tine says she's only trying to help and Jessica says that Niki doesn't need her help. Tina runs away and Jessica opens a drawer and finds a gun.
- Lyle's Secret: Lyle comes to Claire and says that he's not afraid of her. She says good, I'm not evil. He asks questions about her ability and Claire answers them. She thanks him for not saying anything and he says that no one would believe him any ways. Sandra calls them in to dinner.
- Appearances Can Be Deceiving: Isaac and Eden are in Primatech while Isaac is getting clean. He says that he can't believe that she is a doctor; she looks 12. She says appearances can be deceiving. He worries that once he is completely clean if he'll still be able to paint. She says yes, after she teaches him. And that the mural on the floor is not gonna be let happen.
- Eden's New Life: Claire and Noah are walking in the halls of Primatech when Eden comes out and Claire and her talk the girl-talk. Eden tells Noah that there's a problem and Noah sends Claire to the sample room.
- Matt and Janice Reminisce: Janice is looking at photo albums of her and Matt when Matt walks in from work. They talk about coconuts and avocados and then she asks why he lied to her about punching Tom McHenry.
- The Battle for Claire: Peter and Claire are being chased by Sylar and Peter tells Claire to get to people because he doesn't want to be seen. Sylar grabs Peter and they fall off a ledge and both are shown to be dead on the ground.
- Dad Is Dead: Nathan comes to Peter's apartment and tells him that dad is dead. That he died from a heart attack that morning. Nathan says that he was shocked that his sons were about to stab him in the back. Nathan says that he can't be with Peter right now. Peter says "Our father just died." Nathan replies with "My father just died. You gave up on him a long time ago." Nathan walks away and both brothers cry at the loss of their father.
- Jessica Takes Care of Business: Jessica walks into a bar after the Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and meets Taylor there. He asks if D.L. knows she's here. She says no and tells him that D.L. won't be taking a part in their plan; she is.
- Mohinder's Discovery: Mohinder Suresh knocks on the door of Isaac's loft looking for Isaac Mendez. Simone Deveaux is there and he says that Peter Petrelli mentioned him and that he needed to meet him. Simone says that Peter is in Texas and Mohinder replies with Save the cheerleader?. Mohinder asks where Isaac is and Simone replies that he went missing a few days ago. Simone shows him a recording of Isaac being taken away. Mohinder notices Eden and wonders why she is there helping Isaac "disappear".
- Claire's Media Moment: Claire sees news people at her high-school once she returned after Jackie got murdered.
- Peter's Awakening: Peter awakes from his coma and tries to escape the hospital, but his mom tries to stop him. Angela yells at him that he may think he can save the world, but he really can't.
- The Dishonest Plumber: Matt comes home and hears a man think "I can't wait to screw you," and he suns upstairs to the bathroom and sees a plumber and Janice looking at the sink. She tells Matt that its gonna cost 25 grand and that the whole house needs redone. Matt hears the guy say "Or you could just clean the washer." Matt kicks him out and confronts him with his secrets.
- A Shock to the System: After Sylar hurts Sandra, Noah comes in and saves her, and he asks where Claire is and she asks why he has a gun.
- You're My Business: Meredith and Claire say goodbye after meeting for the first time and Meredith tells her that Claire is her business now and that she doesn't want to intrude on her other family.
- Niki's Homecoming: Niki comes home to D.L. since Linderman let her out of jail. They both wonder what he wants with them. He tells her not to worry about that because tonight, they're just gonna be a normal family. Then Micah comes in and greets his mother.
- Mr. Bennet's Phone Calls: Mr. Bennet is talking on the phone to an unknown person and says that he knows everything about Sylar and that Claire has nothing to do with it.
- Janice Panics: Mohinder calls Janice demanding to talk to Matt because he believes Matt possesses a certain genetic trait. Janice tells him never to call there again because she has no idea what he's talking about. They hang up and Mohinder plays his answering machine. It is Zane Taylor.
- The Haitian's Talent: The Haitian takes Claire and says that she has to stay with him. She refuses and says that she has to do something; her mom is sick. She says that it's all his fault because he made her forget and then she blames it on her dad. He says that the men he work for made him do it. It wasn't his fault. She says she has to go and he tries to stop her. She asks him if he's just gonna erase her mind too. And then she leaves with him saying that she can't tell anyone.
- Generation Gap: Claire is surprised to hear that her dad gave Matt his ability. Matt then talks about how in the Twilight Zone a guy flips a coin and suddenly he can hear other people's thoughts. But he can make it stop and Matt complains that he can't make it stop. It gives him painful headaches; he says that he takes pain pills and Flintstones Chewables. Then he says, "There still are Flintstones Chewables right?"
- The Cover-Up: Bennet and Matt talk about Matt's ability and that they monitor it. Then they proceed to talk about who Bennet was hiding Claire from; Sylar, your boss? He replies, both.
- Thompson's Mandate: Thompson talks to Bennet about what will happen if the law enforcement steps in.
- Lonely Wolf: Hiro and Nathan talk and Nathan asks where Ando is and if he's still trying to steal the sword from Linderman. Hiro says that he sent Ando back to Japan and that now he must be a lonely wolf. They go over the correct punctuation in English of wolf. Hiro asks help to get past the guards at the Corinthian Casino. Hiro says that it is important for everyone for him to get his powers back.
- Linderman's Missing Sword: Guards come to Linderman and Nathan and say that the Kensei sword has been stolen by two men who can't be found by security and didn't take the stairs nor elevator. Nathan suggests that they are invisible.
- Old Friends: Future Hiro and Ando talk about how Bennet helps evolved humans. Bennet pops behind them with a gun and threatens them and then realizes that it is Hiro and tells him to wait a second because he has to finish something. The three go in a room and future Hana walks out with a gun.
- Marty, That's an Order: Marty tells Nathan that he's up to 75,000 votes and Nathan doesn't look surprised. Nathan tells him just to make sure that there is an American flag behind him after he wins. He tells Marty to take a vacation and that's an order.
- Tim Sale's art is featured on the menus.
- Trivia challenges are available on the DVD's official website. Those who pass the challenges gain access to exclusive DVD footage: clips from featurettes about casting and visual effects.
- Universal Studios has an entry form for a DVD sweepstakes giveaway.
- Some U.S. Target stores offer a Collector's Edition of Season One, priced in-store at $44.99. This version includes, in addition to the aforementioned features, 45 more minutes of interviews with cast and crew and 4 new paintings by Tim Sale.
- Proceeds from purchasing or preordering the DVD set using the links at the bottom-left of this site will benefit Heroes Wiki. See here for more information on how the proceeds are used.
- A total lunar eclipse was visible in most of North America on August 28, 2007, the day the DVD was released in the US. 
- Tawny Cypress, Santiago Cabrera, Ali Larter, and Adrian Pasdar are the only principal cast members who did not record commentaries during the first season.
- Official site
- Heroes DVD information on NBC.com
- Full details for HD DVD
- Preview of menus
- DVD flipbook
- Menu Introduction
- Preview of special features:
- Entertainment Weekly's review of the Season One DVD
- Season One sales page at Amazon.com (United States)
- Season One sales page at Amazon.com.uk (United Kingdom)
Action figures • Comic-Con • Countdown to the Premiere • eBook • Enigma (walkthrough) • Gemini • Graphic novel collections • Helix Comics • Heroes Reborn DVD • Heroes World Tour • The Mobile Game • The Official Magazine • Original Soundtrack • Season One DVD • Season Two DVD • Season Three DVD • Season Four DVD • Some People Are Born to Be Extraordinary • Super Bowl XLIII commercials • Trading cards
|See Also: Heroes • NBC • Nissan • Product placement • Production|