Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Secrets and deception
|This article is a stub. You can help by .
In particular, this article needs to be updated.
|Secrets and deception|
The Haitian asks Claire if she can keep a secret.
Season One Recurrences
- Niki keeps her job at lasvegasniki.com a secret from her son Micah.
- Nathan Petrelli keeps his mother's shoplifting buried from the press.
- Claire Bennet keeps her power secret from her family.
- Nathan keeps the truth of his powers secret from his brother Peter.
- A man wearing a jumpsuit poses as an exterminator to hide his true intentions to Mohinder Suresh.
- Claire does not reveal that she is the hero responsible for saving a man from a train wreck, but her friend Jackie Wilcox takes the glory.
- Jessica asks Niki to keep the secret of Linderman's thugs' disappearance.
- Brody does not tell anyone the events that happened at the bonfire.
- Claire pretends not to remember what Brody did to her, and puts his life in danger seeking revenge.
- Mr. Bennet and the Haitian kidnap and modify the minds of several evolved humans.
- Hiro and Ando cheat in a Las Vegas casino
- Miss Sakamoto reveals that Nathan and Niki's rendezvous was to obtain blackmail material.
- Hank and Lisa pose as Claire's biological parents, at Mr. Bennet's request.
- The reason D.L. Hawkins was sentenced to prison was for crimes Niki committed.
- Matt overhears that his wife Janice is having an affair.
- Micah keeps his powers of technopathy secret from his dad.
- Mohinder learns that his mother and father were keeping the fact he has a deceased sister hidden from him.
- Nathan destroys a painting that reveals Peter's future, to protect him.
- Mr. Bennet grounds Claire from the Homecoming game, keeping his true motives hidden.
- Sylar mistakes Jackie as an evolved human, for her lies about rescuing a man.
- Nathan keeps his first flight, during his car accident, a secret.
- Sylar lies to Brian Davis to lure him to his shop. He then steals his powers and lies to Chandra about how he obtained them.
- Mr. Bennet reveals to Claire that he has known about her powers.
- The Haitian asks Claire to keep an important secret from Mr. Bennet.
- Claire lies to her father, saying she doesn't remember anything from Homecoming night.
- Nathan implores Hiro to keep his power of flight a secret.
- Mr. Bennet lies to Matt and the FBI that he is not holding Sylar prisoner.
- Matt tells Janice that he has been keeping a secret for awhile now; he finally tells her the truth.
- Claude lives a life of thievery and deception as an invisible man.
- Hiro and Ando are unaware of their captors' motives.
- Niki keeps the details of her split personality a secret from Dr. Witherson.
- Peter implores Claude to tell him the secrets of his powers.
- Matt deceives his captains and doesn't tell them what really happened at Primatech.
- Zach and Claire lie to Mr. Bennet about a manatee-related project.
- Micah tells his father that he has a secret, just like his parents.
- Meredith does not tell Claire the identity of her biological father.
- Sylar tells numerous lies about his ersatz employment at Primatech Paper Co.
- Aron Malsky does not tell Niki the details of her exoneration.
- Jessica impersonates Niki.
- Sylar impersonates Zane.
- Hope cons Hiro and Ando.
- Claire secretly listens outside Meredith's window to her biological parents' conversation.
- Matt does not tell anyone that he knows the location of the diamonds.
- Meredith tells Claire that Nathan only gave her $50 000.
- Matt tries to keep the truth about the diamonds a secret from his wife.
- Claude does not tell Peter the reason he distrusts others until being attacked by Mr. Bennet and the Haitian.
- Sylar continues to steal Zane's identity.
- Mr. Bennet keeps the true reason for his wife's illness secret.
- Isaac keeps his mark a secret from Peter.
- Mr. Bennet keeps his professional life a secret for fifteen years.
- Mr. Bennet thinks about a fake safe in the bedroom, knowing Matt would overhear, as a distraction so he could get the gun hidden in his fireplace.
- Mr. Bennet secretly communicates with Matt and through thoughts, they lie to Ted.
- Mr. Bennet and Matt trick Ted into thinking that Matt killed Claire in order to save Mrs. Bennet's life.
- Claire's power manifestation is kept secret from the Company.
- Claude allegedly abets an evolved human in secret.
- Claire, the Haitian, and Mr. Bennet go to great lengths to trick Thompson and the Company so that Claire can escape them.
- Mr. Bennet learns that the Haitian was not truly mute and hid his ability to speak from him.
- Thompson has Matt read Mr. Bennet's thoughts behind a one-way mirror.
- Nathan secretly continues his quest to investigate Linderman.
- Sandra pretends to have forgotten about Claire.
- The Haitian gives Claire a fake passport to sneak her undetected out of Texas.
- Candice creates an illusion to cover-up Simone's death.
- Ando dresses as a security guard in order to protect Hiro.
- Sylar pretends to still be under Mohinder's control until after he is shot at.
- Candice creates an illusion to get Mr. Bennet to admit his secret quest against the Company.
- The Haitian has secretly been working with Angela Petrelli, who knew about Claire being Nathan's daughter.
- Candice is instructed by Thompson to disguise herself as Claire to fool Mr. Bennet.
- Mr. Linderman tells Nathan that he shields and hides his art and artifacts from a greedy and dangerous world.
- Matt, guided by Bennet, secretly tries to escape and sneaks around Primatech.
- Angela tells Claire that she kept Claire's existence a secret, from Peter and everyone else.
- Isaac says "Never mind" when the courier fanboy asks him what he meant when he said that the comic was the last one.
- Ted planned on leaving Bennet behind but Matt convinced him otherwise.
- Angela tells Nathan that they should hide Peter's body until after the election.
- Bennet wasn't aware that Linderman is his boss.
- Candice uses her power to pose as Jessica to fool Micah.
- Mr. Bennet turned in D.L. and Candice as potentially dangerous evolved humans.
- Sylar killed Candice and used her power of illusion to impersonate Nathan Petrelli as president.
- Sylar, under the guise of Nathan, and Mohinder hide that Nathan is an evolved human.
- Bennet hides Hana, the Crane family, and Claire.
- Matt thinks that Hiro is hiding something.
- Instead of telling Future Hiro and Ando where Peter Petrelli is, Niki sends them to Bennet.
- Claire tells her father that he brought her back to Midland only after her mother left.
- Claire has been hiding for five years and works in Burnt Toast Diner, going by the name "Sandra".
- Bennet reveals Future Hiro and Ando's location to Matt.
- Future Hiro doesn't tell Ando that he died long ago.
- After finding Hana lying dead on the floor, Bennet realizes that Matt has double-crossed him.
- Matt kills Bennet after he learns of Claire's location from hearing his thoughts.
- Nathan plans on lying by announcing that Mohinder developed a treatment to go against evolved humans.
- Peter tells Niki that Nathan lied and told everyone that Sylar exploded to protect his brother.
- Matt, accompanied by his team, waits to fire at whomever arrives in the elevator, but angrily realizes that they were fooled when they discover that elevator is empty.
- Instead of injecting Hiro with a lethal injection, Mohinder injects the Haitian.
- Both Peter and Sylar hide the fact that it was Peter who blew up New York, not Sylar.
- Sylar tells Peter that when he killed Nathan, he had already turned against his own kind.
- When Sylar phones Mohinder for help, Mohinder dials 911 instead.
- Mr. Bennet tells Matt that they need to act secretly to protect their loved ones.
- D.L. plans on abandoning Niki/Jessica and taking Micah with him.
- Candice uses her power of illusion to pose as Micah's mother and fool him.
- Hiro and Ando continuously hide and move secretly to avoid being noticed by Sylar.
- Hiro and Ando quickly deceive Sylar by teleporting away.
- D.L. and Jessica learn that Linderman has been tracking their entire lives.
- Instead of listening to Peter by phoning the FBI, Nathan secretly phones Mr. Linderman to inform them of Ted.
- Micah secretly attempts to escape from the facility he is being held in. He gets lost in Candice's illusion.
- Sylar tells his mother that there are many things she doesn't know about him.
- Ando hides the drawing of dead body from Hiro until later.
- Mr. Linderman deceives the people of New York City by having Micah alter the congressional election results in favor of Nathan Petrelli.
- Bennet and Mohinder hide Thompson's dead body.
- Candice uses an illusion to pose as Jessica and tries to fool Niki into believing Micah is dead.
Season Two Recurrences
- Mohinder and Noah are working together to bring down the Company.
- Mohinder and Matt are hiding Molly (unsuccessfully) from the Company.
- Ricky has Peter's belongings in a box, and will not give it to Peter until he does a favor.
- Mohinder heals the Haitian and allows him to escape to meet with Noah later.
- Noah is told he has to go to Ukraine to find another painting, and has to make up a story to tell his family.
- Noah tells Claire that he is at a management conference.
- Claire and West hatch, and then carry out, a plan to teach Debbie some humility.
- Kensei knocks out Hiro on Whitebeard's orders.
- Bob and Elle keep Peter locked up under the premise of helping him get a cure for his abilities.
- Angela tells Heidi that the Petrelli family has a dark secret, after Nathan tells her everything about his powers. Angela tells her the Petrelli family has a "dark secret" of genetic mental illness.
- Adam withholds some information from Peter as to why he is being held by the Company.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
Season Three Recurrences
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
- Noah has orders to release Tracy so she could lead Danko's team to Rebel, but he secretly offers her freedom.
- Danko recruits Sylar, an evolved human and one of the main targets, to help him hunt others.
- Having acquired the ability of shape shifting, Sylar leads everyone (except Danko) to believe he is dead.
- Sylar assumes the form of agent Taub to continue fooling Danko's team.
- Sylar takes the form of Rebel to fake Micah's death.
- In order to keep Nathan's death secret, Angela has Matt alter Sylar's mind so he thought he is Nathan.
Season Four Recurrences
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
- Edgar asks Samuel if what he had said at his brother's funeral about finding redemption was true. Samuel tells him that he left out a part about revenge.
- Samuel lies to Peter and makes him think that he was a victim on a bus crash.
- Sylar tricks Matt into thinking that a drug dealer had killed a child.
- Claire tries to deny her ability from Gretchen. Later, when she allows Gretchen to cut her hand, she pretends that it hurts.
Graphic Novel Recurrences
- Mr. Bennet secretly spies on Mohinder Suresh. (Monsters)
- After saving a girl from a burning building, Nathan Petrelli flees so he can keep his ability to fly secret. (Trial By Fire)
- Jessica Sanders doesn't tell D.L.'s crew how she ripped off the safe door at Linderman's sports book. (Stolen Time)
- Officer Matt Parkman doesn't tell anybody how he is able to apprehend the armed robber. (Control)
- Sylar deceives Audrey Hanson into shooting the wrong man. (Turning Point)
- Mr. Bennet orders the Haitian to erase Eden's father's memory. (Fathers & Daughters)
- Mr. Bennet knocks out Hana, telling he is there to change his life, but he does not tell her how. (Wireless, Part 1)
- Mr. Bennet asks Hana to trust him, despite her blindfold and his secretive manner. (Wireless, Part 2)
- Mr. Bennet's organization performs tests on Hana (including administering "vitamins" to her), but do not tell her why. (Wireless, Part 2)
- Hana secretly spies on Henry Strauss's microbiology lab. (Wireless, Part 3)
- Hana learns Mr. Bennet has deceived her about his organization. (Wireless, Part 4)
- Hana is ambiguous when answering Ted's inquiries of how she is able to communicate with him. (How Do You Stop an Exploding Man?, Part 1)
- Ted searches for the secrets surrounding his capture, the needle, and a mysterious man. (How Do You Stop an Exploding Man?, Part 2)
- Sylar uses a fake name and eludes police. (Road Kill)
- Five soldiers are sworn to secrecy regarding their true identities. (War Buddies, Part 2)
- Rollo Fusor's accomplice wears a blond wig to deceive Haram into thinking she's a hostage. (Golden Handshake, Part 1)
- Claude uses invisibility to secretly board Rollo Fusor's yacht. (Golden Handshake, Part 1)
- Rollo Fusor and his accomplice befriend their next victim for monetary gain. (Golden Handshake, Part 2)
- Claude and Haram realize that Rollo Fusor's accomplice has the power of dehydration and believe that she was really the one calling the shots all along. (Golden Handshake, Part 2)
- Kaito Nakamura decides to keep the fact that he was really the one to scare off Fumio Fukazawa and his gang of Tokyo bikers to himself. (Heroism Is Found in the Heart, Part 2)
- A Primatech agent turns out not to be "just a paper salesman" when he visits a teenage patient in a New York City hospital. (Blackout, Part 2)
- West thinks he has a secret he would not want to share with anyone, his ability of flight. (Flying Blind)
- Dylan shows symptoms of the Shanti virus after claiming to be "clean" and convincing Howard Lemay to take him to a quarantine facility in Detroit, MI. (Quarantine)
- The Haitian erases West's memory so that he no longer remembers being taken to Primatech Paper Co. and meeting Claire. (Special)
- Noah reveals to Marcus that they had met several years ago, and that Marcus doesn't remember him cause his memory was erased. Noah contacts Bob to inform him of Marcus's whereabouts, but keeps hidden where he himself is headed. (Normal Lives)
- Bob interrogates Richard Drucker's pilot, Hampton "Goose" Connolly, on Drucker's current whereabouts. Goose manages to resist, first giving Bob a complete lie and then saying he doesn't know where Drucker went. (The Golden Goose)
- In Ancient Egypt, Pharaoh Khufu and his kin had the ability to levitate objects. Although they used their powers to help the construction of the Great Pyramid, the Pharaoh prohibited anyone from revealing this secret. (History of a Secret)
- Abu Aswan discovers he has the same ability as Khufu. His father demands him to be silent about it, and Sanjog Iyer says Abu should respect his ancestor and keep his power a secret. (History of a Secret)
- Joseph Priestley keeps his knowledge of what truly happened to Benjamin Franklin during his electricity experiment a secret. (A Lesson in Electricity)
- Brian hides in plain sight at a casino in downtown Las Vegas. (On the Lam)
- Noah Bennet pretends to be a doctor; the Company hides the existence of Piper's sister from her family. (Different and the Same)
- Linda Tavara hides her killed animals from her parents. Later, she claims to Ida May Walker she is an angel, only to absorb her aura and kill her. (Moonlight Serenade)
- While Donna Dunlap hides from the Company that she is a double agent, the Company keeps one of Isaac's paintings from her that depicts her death. (Career Choices)
- Gael Cruz, Devin and Thompson, Jr. are set up into believing Cushing killed Jamie Wu by evsdropr. After killing Cushing themselves, they make it look like Jamie shot Cushing in order to save their own heads. (Trust Issues, Part 1)
- Someone secretly leaves evidence that points to Thompson, Jr. as Cushing's killer on Donna's desk. Donna learns the truth about the circumstances that led to Cushing's death. (Trust Issues, Part 2)
- Connie disguises her daughter as their target's girlfriend so she can get close enough to bag him. (Faces, Part 1)
- After sleeping with Thompson, Jr., Penny sneaks away, trying to hide from him that she used her mother's ability to alter her appearance to attract him. (Faces, Part 2)
- Sabine falsely reports that her target has escaped in order to confirm that her partner is an impostor. (Root and Branch, Part 1)
- The Company tells Sabine that her partner is the "real" Julien Dumont, though this is a lie that her partner maintains until Sabine confronts him and eventually kills him. (Root and Branch, Part 2)
- Noah reveals that the root Julien has been locked away by the Company for "years", subjected to experiments that force him to clone himself without him knowing, adding that Sabine wasn't "the only one left in the dark". (Root and Branch, Part 3)
- Gael Cruz refuses to tell Devin Patterson and Bianca Karina the reason why he is with them in Berlin. Gael and Bianca argue over dinner and he confesses that Devin was right about him being there to investigate Bianca as a potential mole. The German's informant provides Gael, Devin and Bianca with a faulty details on the German's robbery.(Berlin, Part 1)
- In order for Company agents not to spot him, the German secretly enters his apartment using the building's rear entrance. (Berlin, Part 2)
- Gael Cruz assigns Sean Fallon to lead a secret squad, code-named the Kill Squad. After telling one of his men to relay Gael a message that he lost Paulette Hawkins, he orders one of his men to shoot her and then orders his squad to secrecy about what transpired. (The Kill Squad, Part 3)
Character connections • Child vs. parent • Death • Faith and religion • Family • Fate vs. free will • Heroism • Irony • Logic vs. emotion • Loneliness • Loyalty vs. treachery • Moral ambiguity • One punch knockout • Pressure of responsibility • Revenge • Sacrifice • Secrets and deception • Special • Women in Refrigerators
|See Also: References|