Parking ticket date
I think it's clear that the date of 06 2008 is the vehicle license cause it only has the month and year. Normally, tickets are dated with month, day and year; and licenses just with month and year. This means the storyline of the German takes place sometime between 06 2007 and 06 2008, which is important for the timeline. Thus, I would like to restore that info. to this article.--MiamiVolts (talk) 01:57, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
- I appears to me that that the date is thus: XX 06 2008. This is because the document appears to extend past the frame of the image. Observe my annotations here. To me, the following two issues are unclear:
1) If the date is complete as "06 2008" or if indeed there are missing digits in the date and
2) Whether the format of the date is MM DD YYYY or DD MM YYYY. --SacValleyDweller (talk) 02:50, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
- Ah, that's a good spot. It is indeed unclear as to whether there are missing digits. I had thought there wouldn't be any room for other digits, but it looks like there could be.--MiamiVolts (talk) 03:52, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
Parking ticket registration number
The vehicle registration number is partially blocked out. It's not clear what it is to me. One user at 9thwonders.com thinks the number is B. 522906, and another thinks it's either "B-F2-90" or "B-52-90"...maybe with a "6" tacked on after the "90" or not. I didn't note that on the article, but I wanted to note it here for our record.--MiamiVolts (talk) 02:15, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
I can't make out the text of the third annotation for photo 04. Anyone care to take a shot?--MiamiVolts (talk) 01:57, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
03 Parking Ticket:
Title is "Strafzettel"
Official date format in Germany is DD MM YYYY.
As already mentioned Karl Lander Platz is the address the ticket has been made.
04 Annotated Outdoor Photo:
Bank im 3.Stock
2 Wachleute in zivil vor dem Gebäude
Überwachung kontrolliert den ...bereich
Bank in the 4th floor (in Germany we start with the ground floor and the next is called 1st floor)
2 plainclothes guards in front of the building
Surveillance controls the ...area
05, 12, 14 Letter:
Karl Lander Platz 1441 // 307
ich hoffe, dass du diese Nachricht erhälst. Wir haben schon lange nicht mehr miteinander geredet. Ich habe mitbekommen, dass du Geld gemacht hast, und ich brauche dringend deine Hilfe, mehr als jemals zuvor, liebster Cousin. Ich habe kürzlich meinen Job in der Fabrik verloren und Ada ist hochschwanger. Ich möchte wirklich nicht so aussehen, als ob ich meine Familie nicht ernähren könnte.
Wärst du so freundlich und könntest uns Geld schicken, damit wir uns in dieser schwierigen Zeit über Wasser halten können? Ein paar tausend Euro würden uns mehr als genügen.
Ich verspreche dir, das Geld wieder zurück zu bezahlen, ich wäre für immer dankbar.
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Karl Lander Place 1441 //(not written like the 1 in 1441) 307
I hope you get this message. We have not talked for a long time. I heard that you made some money, and I badly need your help, more than ever, dear cousin. I recently lost my job at the factory and Ada is in an advanced stage of pregnancy. I really donnot want to look like I cannot feed my family.
Would you be so kind to send us some money, so we can scratch a living in such uncertain times? A few thousand euros would be more than enough.
I promise, to pay back the money, I would be deeply greatful.
??? (Looks like Zara or sth like that)
07 Magazine (close-up):
Der verdammte Hund, ich weiss nicht, was er wirklich will
That damn dog, I don't know what he really wants
11 Annotated Outdoor Photo:
(unable to read what's written above U-Bahn top left)
Bank / U-Bahn ca. 700m
Einfacher Fluchtweg per U-Bahn
Bank / Subway approx. 700m (765yards)
Easy escape via subway
--Ricochet (talk) 09:07, 16 July 2008
- Thanks for checking into the annotated photo I couldn't make out. Are you sure about all those changes? My German is not good, so I used a translator, but I think maybe you misread some things. I'll check it out later and edit it some when I have some more time. Regarding the letter, it is better not to speculate on the name/words if you can't make them out. Just put ??? and not the other text. Also, "assignment tracker" shouldn't be capitalized unless it's used as a title. Thanks again.--MiamiVolts (talk) 04:12, 18 July 2009 (EDT)