Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Peter's identity box
|Peter's identity box|
|Owned by:||The box was owned by Ricky; both box and contents are now owned by Peter|
|Current status:||in Peter's possession|
Peter threatens to leave the Wandering Rocks, but is stopped when Ricky pulls out a small gold-colored wooden box out of his black leather duffel bag. Ricky then calls the amnesiac Peter by name, implying that the keys to Peter's identity are housed within the box. Ricky then holds the box over the burning fireplace in a threatening motion and explains that he is willing to give the box to Peter, if Peter helps his gang rob an armored car following a local soccer game.
After Peter helps Ricky and his men rob Pinky's Sportsbook, Ricky gives Peter the box, saying there are no secrets in their family. Caitlin convinces Peter to leave it closed for the time being and start a new life with her and her family.
Peter opens the box, and finds within it a passport with his name, photo and location; open plane tickets to Montreal; a photograph of him and Nathan, and various other items. He remarks that seeing these objects doesn't help him find out who he is.
- Ricky makes the comment that the box contains "everything you had on you when we found you". The box itself was not shown when Ricky's gang first met Peter in the shipping yard. Exactly where the box came from is currently unknown.
- Ricky taunts Peter, suggesting that the box holds credit cards, a train ticket, and possibly a love letter.
- According to a promotional image, the box contains two Pan National Airlines tickets from New York City to Montreal (one with Peter's name, the other without any name at all), a photograph of Peter and Nathan, Peter's passport, and a few dollars.
- It's possible that Ricky simply took everything Peter had on him and put it in the box.
- According to Heroes Interactive, the box actually belongs to Allan Arkush, who uses it to contain his Rock and Roll collector buttons. According to Allan, the crew were discussing what the box should look like, but no one could find anything that was right. Allan brought the box in as an example, and it wound up being used on air.
- In 2011, he bequeathed it to Isa Gunther, who was officially appointed as the "fan liaison" by the Heroes team.
- On Peter's passport, Peter's gender appears as "F" for female. In an interview, Aron Coleite and Joe Pokaski confirmed this was merely a production error. A replacement scene was shot with a corrected passport, but was not used. Aron and Joe state that it would be corrected for DVD, however the shot still appears quite clearly on the dvd release of the episode.
Catalyst • Cello • Claire's wind chime • Compass • Daphne's medal • D.L.'s medal of valor • Have a Nice Day mug • Hope's bag • Mohinder's cocoons • Peter's identity box • Ray • Spinach can • Tracking systems • Tuning fork • Virginia's snow globes
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|