The following fan theories are about Supercharging.
For help on adding theories, see the help section.
|If this power is used on the Haitian, his ability will be strong enough to stop all powers within a city, and possibly knocking everyone out.||None|| + Ando was able to allow Matt to hear the thoughts of everyone in the city. If this ability is strong enough to cause him to read everyone's mind in a whole city, it should allow The Haitian to have the same coverage.|
|If this power was used on Sylar or Peter, they would be unstoppable.||Both are very powerful.|| + If either were to have that ability, the multiple abilities they could amplify would make them extremely powerful.|
- Supercharging is temporary.
|If this ability is used on freezing, it could result in the generation of a temperature of 0ºK, or absolute zero.||None|| + If enough heat was removed from an object, it could become so cold that all subatomic movement would cease.|
- This cannot happen; if all subatomic movement ceased, it would mean that at a given moment in the system, all electrons would have a precisely known position (since they aren't moving) and momentum (zero, again because they aren't moving), a clear violation of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
|This ability works by increasing the adrenaline in one's system, altering evolved humans' abilities.|| Paulette stated that "if she used [her] power at 100%, it would kill him". (The Kill Squad, Part 3)
After Sylar injected Meredith with a dosage of adrenaline her power increased uncontrollably. (Dual)
Mohinder stated "a person's abilities lies in their adrenal glands". (The Second Coming)
| + Ando may have very well knocked Hiro out in the future by overdosing his endocrine system. (The Second Coming)|
- When Ando uses his power offensively in Cold Snap, it throws the target backwards. If it increased the adrenaline, it would have knocked him out and not thrown him back.
|If Ando's ability augments itself, it can cause a deadly ray.||In the exposed future we see Ando killing Hiro, with a red beam.|| + If it's in fact the same ability we see, in the present and in the future, then we see the ability in the future augmenting anything. This could create some kind of malfunction, causing the ability to be lethal.|
- We do not know if Future Hiro was killed by Future Ando. Perhaps he was helping Hiro in some way.
• It is unclear whether or not Ando's ability is always supercharging itself or if the version we've seen is merely a weakened version.
+ Ando has been seen using this aspect of his ability. (Cold Snap)
- If Ando continues to develop his power, then he might be able to project a lethal blast without supercharging.
|Ando's ability will be the cause of world destruction.||None|| + If Ando supercharges Peter's ability, then he would end up absorbing the abilities of a whole city. And as stated by Mohinder once, Peter is like a sponge; he's not just copying the ability, he's absorbing it. And this super absorption would make him end up like Kirby Plaza again, but this time it's not just the whole city, it's the whole world.|
+ If Peter were to regain induced radioactivity from someone and mimic Ando's ability to amplify it, then that in itself would probably be enough to create an explosion big enough to split the world in two.
|If this power were used on space-time manipulation, it would give a person the ability to travel to alternate time lines, parallel universes, or teleport to other planes of existence.||None|| + This could be used to bring Caitlin back, even though the writers would probably not bother doing that.|
• We will probably never know, as the writers have conveniently removed all occurrences of space-time manipulation in people with abilities. While it is conceivable that Hiro might at some point find a last surviving vial of the formula serum, the writers probably don't want to give in to the temptations of the dark-side (time-travel) ever again.
|If this power supercharges itself, it will become "ability manipulation", and will allow the user to further amplify, mimic, or remove an evolved human's ability.||None|| + How else will the ability to supercharge be amplified?|
• It could create a supercharging loop, which could make an interesting plot device.
|Supercharged rapid cell regeneration can heal wounds to the brain even if it has an object lodged in it.||None|| + It would be a logical effect to expect.|
- It is assumed that an object lodged in the correct part of the brain is preventing the power from working altogether, as the brain controls the power. Supercharging a power that isn't working will do nothing.
- Brain cells never regrow after the birthing process, so it can be doubted that even a cellular regeneration power would heal the brain.
- This would grant certain heroes immortality. It has been reiterated by developers that every hero can die.
|Supercharged abilities makes a person more resistant to mental manipulation.||None|| + The Haitian had trouble containing Arthur Petrelli because he was too powerful. An evolved human with a supercharged ability is also very powerful.|
• It should only prevent the power being blocked by mental manipulation. Other manipulation, e.g. memory wiping, would not be prevented.
|If this power is used on an evolved human with an ability that they are immune to, the supercharged power will be strong enough to overcome the immunity.||None|| + When Paulette supercharged Brendan Lewis, he was killed by his amplified ability.|
• Technically, Lewis didn't die; he ceased to be a human being and became vegetation.
|If this power is used on Monica Dawson she will be able to copy other people's abilities.||None|| + She can copy difficult to almost impossible things.|
- Her ability is adoptive muscle memory, and many abilities have nothing to do with muscles.
• It has been stated that Monica is only capable of doing what a normal human can do. Now whether or not a supercharge can change that statement to fit the actions of evolved humans is unknown. (The Line)
|If ability supercharging is supercharged, it can have an effect similar to non-depowering eclipses.||None|| + It is a logical way to supercharge the ability, causing it to activate dormant abilities in those who possess it, either naturally or synthetically.|
|Ando's ability will kill him, but will also create enough power to save the world.||None|| + If Ando super-charges himself, his super-charging ability would be stronger. Therefore he can supercharge himself again, making it stronger, and enter a loop that won't stop until he supercharges somebody else.|
+ Hiro and Ando, together, used Hiro's ability to save the world. With Hiro now powerless, it would be Ando, of the two, who has to save the world.
|Once Peter mimics Ando's ability, should they supercharge a person together, his/her power would destroy either the world, or this person.||None|| + His/her power could increase to the point at which it will become uncontrollable and endlessly powerful. What other consequences can there be?|
- While it has been suggested that the supercharge might kill someone, this theory doesn't work with Claire: if her ability to regenerate was amplified, she obviously wouldn't die, since this would be contradictory with the fact that her regeneration is stronger, nor would she destroy the world, since it doesn't make sense to destroy something by regenerating oneself.
- It would make more sense for the cells to regenerate uncontrollably, in a similar fashion to Brendan Lewis. This could lead to the body growing huge tumors, or excess limbs.
|If Julien was supercharged he could create thousands of clones within minutes.||None|| + Increased rate of reproduction/cloning is an expected effect.|
|Over supercharging a person with an ability will temporarily give them an ability different to their own, but still some what related.||None|| • Over supercharging?|
+ Daphne time travelled while Ando supercharged her.
|If Peter took ability supercharging from Ando and the two used their abilities on each other, their strength would be infinite.||None|| + Theoretically, this would cause a continuous amplification stream.|
• They might release a blast which would destroy the world.
|If someone with a power were supercharged they would be capable of another aspect of their main ability.||None|| + Arthur's ability and Linda's ability are still speculated as being related. Perhaps Arthur somehow supercharged himself with an unshown ability, and was able to remove an ability while still keeping the host alive.|
|If rapid cell regeneration were supercharged, it would temporarily make one's skin impenetrable.||None|| + Regeneration and impenetrable skin both protect their users from physical harm, in different ways.|
- Not being harmed and rapidly healing from it are two distinct things.
|If flight is supercharged, it can allow time-travel.||None|| + As with Daphne, the theory of relativity says if you move faster than light you can time-travel.|
|Supercharged healing can bring back the dead.||None|| + It's a logical effect to happen.|
- Healing, unlike rapid cell regeneration, has previously failed to revive any part of a dead human. It can be assumed that supercharging the power will still have no effect, as the power would only be amplified and not changed. (War Buddies, Part 2 and Part 3)
|Supercharged healing can cure the Shanti virus.||None|| + When Molly had the virus, it was in the Company's best interest, and therefore in Linderman's, to have her cured. If Linderman could cure her, he would certainly have done so.|
+ Linderman was able to cure his mother's cancer. He could possibly cure any virus or infection with amplification. (War Buddies, Part 3)
|Supercharged healing can rejuvenate people.||None|| • This theory suggests that healing can rejuvenate people past their prime physical shape, such as an old person into their 30s, not someone who's still physically growing.|
+ Aging is the result of accumulated cell damage, it makes sense for supercharged healing to heal that damage, making people young.
|Supercharged regenerators are immune to the Shanti virus, and their blood can be used to cure those infected with it.||None|| + It's been shown that the immune system of evolved humans with that ability is affected by the ability, it makes sense for it to become strong to the point of killing the virus if supercharged.|
|Supercharged sound manipulation has similar effects to gravitational manipulation.||None|| + Sound is a form of mechanical energy; it's vibration. It's conceivable that by supercharging sound manipulation, enough vibration is created to break a spacetime barrier, similar to Daphne time-traveling when her speed is supercharged.|
|As Ando gets better at using this ability, or if he supercharges himself, he will be able to give out abilites at will.||None|| + When talking about injecting Ando with the formula, it was said that Daphne just wanted to walk and then she could run. Matt just wanted to know what people thought of him, then he could read minds. When he injected himself, Ando wanted to get Hiro's powers back to him. (Dual)|
- The only known way to give abilities involves altering a person's DNA. Ando's powers do not appear to alter DNA but instead increases what is already there.
|Supercharging a multipowered character would only affect said character's core ability.||None|| + An empath can't copy the abilities of another empath because he's only exposed to empathic mimicry, the only ability in their genes.|
+ If ability supercharging boosted all of their abilities they clearly would be unstoppable which the writers are attempted to prevent.
|Supercharged melting would allow the user to disintegrate matter.||None|| + By disrupting the materials molecular arrangement more severely, it would become gas or completely isolated particles.|
|Supercharged enhanced memory would allow the user to recall information that they don't even know.||None|| + There aren't many other ways this could be extended.|
- It makes no sense for someone to remember something they don't even know. Accessing genetic memory would be a more reasonable effect.
|Supercharged clairvoyance would allow the user to locate people not only in the present, but the past and future as well. Perhaps even in lost alternate timelines.||None|| + Molly Walker's ability does not transcend time as it is.|
+ It could be used to locate Caitlin, who is lost in time... if the writers care enough.
|Supercharged invisibility would be similar to illusion.||None|| + They seem to be similar types of abilities, but Candice's seems more elaborate and powerful.|
|Supercharged clairvoyance would allow the user to not only locate individuals, but also multiple people at once, and possibly even directly interact with them.||In The Kindness of Strangers while Molly is looking for Maury Parkman, the camera slowly approaches his front door, implying that Molly is in some form and physically doing the same.|| + A spirit body being supercharged and becoming physical is a logical effect to happen.|
- Clairvoyance requires intense concentration. Supercharging an ability makes its possessor lose their concentration from shock. If Molly got supercharged, she wouldn't be able to use her ability.
|Supercharged telekinesis would allow the user to manipulate anything, from physical matter, to forces such as gravity and electromagnetism, photon dispersal, and electrical impulses in the brain. In short, almost any ability.||Though not Heroes-related, in the movie X-Men: The Last Stand while talking to Jean Grey/Phoenix in the forest camp, Magneto emphasizes that while he can only manipulate metal, she can do anything she wants.|| • This would make a telekinetic almost invincible.|
• Power alone isn't everything, the telekinetic would also have to have an absurd control of the ability.
- Telekinesis allows to move things without touching them, supercharging it would most surely result in disintegrating matter through pushing/pulling them at a speed things cannot take to remain intact (like a shuttle entering the athmosphere).
|Supercharging does not affect passive abilities.||None|| + If this ability does affect adreneline, it shouldn't affect passive abilities.|
• There aren't many passive abilities, perhaps we will never know.
|Ando is immune to his ability.||None|| + Rule of Ted implies that some evolved humans are immune to their abilities. Ando's ability must obey this rule as well, because if he could supercharge himself, it would mean ability supercharging amplifying ability supercharging - i.e. an ability affecting itself, which makes no sense.|
|Supercharged clairvoyance would allow the user to not only locate other individuals but also summon them to the user's present location or allow the user teleportation to the individual's location.||None|| + It seems a logical extension of Molly's ability to not only find someone but to meet them.|
|A shot from one of Ando's supercharge bolts would cause Sylar to explode.||Sylar has more than a dozen acquired abilities, being hit with a supercharge bolt may cause all those abilities to interact, overload, and explode.|| + Evolved humans control their abilities worse when supercharged.|
|If Sylar's ability was supercharged, it would allow him to take the dormant abilities of regular humans.||None|| + Assuming that abilities are gained based on the DNA, then Sylar may be able to "see" these abilities and take them before they manifest.|
• It may be that physical abilities are but acquired skills do not involve DNA. Sylar shifts his DNA after studying the brain to accomodate the newly analyzed ability.
|After gaining more control of his ability, Ando can choose to weaken an ability as well as to augment it. He may also be able to change the scope of such abilities intermediately.||None|| + Other abilities have become more advanced as the user gains better control of them or learns how to use different aspects of them; for example Matt's telepathy originally only allowed him to read minds, but could later use it to change other people's perception of the world around them.|
|If the ability was used on an empath, they'd die.||None|| + In Fallout, Peter passed out because he couldn't handle the number of abilities he had absorbed. If the ability is supercharged, his range could increase, making him absorb more abilities than he can handle.|
- If the ability gets stronger, it's possible that its user also becomes more resistent to abilities.
- Peter passed out because he was fighting the abilities instead of working with them. After he figured out how to work with his abilities he never had that problem again.
|If Peter got this ability via his current power, he would be able to supercharge his ability replication to the point where it effectively became empathic mimicry.||None|| + The obvious extention of ability replication is the ability to hold several powers at once and not necessarily through touch.|
|Not every ability can return a special effect when supercharged.||Ability supercharging makes powers stronger.|| + For example, what could happen if a supercharger amplifies mediumship and adoptive muscle memory?|
|Supercharged rapid cell regeneration results in cloning.||None|| + Claire normally heals by regenerating cells. If this ability were supercharged, she might start regenerating far more cells than she needs, causing the extra cells to form into clones of her.|
+ Her power carries over into her blood. If she were supercharged, it could spread the effect to everything her power exists in in even the slightest degree. That toe she cut off, every drop of blood she's ever shed, every flake of skin, every strand of hair, every clipping of fingernails and toenails, every trace of her DNA anywhere, would have that dormant power awaken and regenerate into a clone of Claire. Claires would burst out of Sylar and Noah. The world would be overrun with Claires.
|Ando's ability is not the ability to supercharge abilities, but the ability to release "blank" energy, or energy to serve any purpose the user wants.||None|| + If the ability was the release of "blank" energy, it would explain the seemingly different natures of the ability, it has been seen acting as ability supercharging, electricity, and concussive beams.|
- Ando supercharged Matt and Daphne, although he didn't mean to.
|Ando's power will be used to supercharge Hiro's power causing him to age instantly, avoiding a slow or painful death.||Hiro is seen in the future dying from a blast of Ando's "red lightning".|| + It's been revealed that Hiro is dying. It could be a good possibility that Ando was trying to help Hiro by sparing him from a drawn-out death.|
|The reason Ando used his ability in the form of the Kamehameha Wave attack from the Dragonball anime series is because of James Kyson Lee auditioning for the Dragonball live-action movie, for the part of the character Yamcha, who can do the attack in the anime.||None|| + Ando does seem quite similar to a Dragonball character, like how Future Hiro is meant to be a "tribute" to the charcter Mirai Trunks, or "Future" Trunks.|
|If enhanced memory is supercharged it's possible to use 100% of the brain.||None|| - Nothing suggests this is possible.|
- It's a common misconception that humans only use 10% of their brains. In reality, every part of the brain has a known function.
|Ability supercharging can also be used to make an individual use their ability, whether they want to or not.||It's possible that Matt wasn't using his power when Ando accidentally supercharged him, yet when supercharged his ability immediately went into effect. Also, Daphne was standing still when Ando supercharged her by accident, clearly not using her power, yet when she was supercharged she automatically bolted forward at the speed of light.|| + Brendan Lewis wasn't using his ability when Paulette supercharged him, but after she did he grew into a forest.|
+ It has been speculated that supercharging has something to do with adrenaline, which triggers abilities.
|See Also: 9 • Red • Time travel • Supercharging|