|For more help...
Contact an administrator
Or leave a message
Welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you are new to Heroes, you might want to start at the New User Portal.
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style.
- If you're ready to get started, Template:Todo lists some ways you can help out.
- Of course, if you have your own idea for a new article, that's great, too.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the Summary field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~ or click the signature button.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
Once again, welcome to Heroes Wiki!
Deaths of characters
Hi, I've reverted all your changes that marked certain characters "deceased". This is because the character did not die in the season that the portal is covering. For example, DL did not die in Season One, so he should not be marked as dead in Season One Main Characters. Hope this helps, and welcome to the Wiki. --Radicell 04:43, 1 February 2009 (EST)
Weird reasoning. Dead is dead. Is this so people won't freak over spoilers? The portals are all inconsistent. Bayareacoder 04:49, 1 February 2009
- The portals are actually very consistent. People are marked dead in the seasons they are confirmed dead. Kaito didn't die in season one, so his image in the season one portal shows him alive. I don't know if there is an "official" reason for this choice, but spoilers seems like one that fits. For me, it's more about documenting what happens when. Niki's death certainly wasn't confirmed until the third season, so that's when she's marked as deceased. Bob was very much alive during Season Two, so his portal picture for that season shows him alive....Ultimately, there is more than one way to handle this kind of situation on a wiki, and none is "more valid" than another. That's the just the way we do things around here. If you would like to propose a change, feel free to discuss it at the community portal. :) -- RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 12:52, 1 February 2009 (EST)