is the webisode series that accompanies the iStory
volume that goes by the same name, Slow Burn
Behind the Scenes Photos
- Originally, this webisode series was titled Lydia's Tale. However, the writers thought the title was too boring, and changed it to Spontaneous Combustion. Later, when they thought about it, they realized that Amanda wouldn't actually demonstrate her power of spontaneous combustion until Slow Burn, Part 3 aired, and the culmination of the entire webisode series wouldn't happen until much later. Somebody inadvertently said, "Yeah, it's more of a slow burn," referring to the building drama inherent in the story. It was then that the writers realized they had their title.
- Slow Burn is officially called "tagged media". This is a euphemism for a webisode, but means that it can be used as promotional material, too. Indeed, the first third of each part of Slow Burn is shown as a commercial during the airing of a Heroes episode. Then, the entire 90-second clip is shown on NBC.com. Each part accompanies a new chapter of the iStory Slow Burn.
- Slow Burn was collaboratively written by Zach Craley, Oliver Grigsby, Jim Martin, Foz McDermott, and Harrison Wilcox. It was directed by Tanner Kling and Chris Hanada of Retrofit Films.
- Slow Burn is the first webisode to only feature characters who have appeared episodes. All others have featured at least one character who is unique to the webisodes.
- On NBC.com, each part of Slow Burn is shown on a player that resembles a Sprint Palm Prē.
- The entire webisode series was shot on 35mm.